Respected Contributor

Re: which White House Dining Room do you like the best

lol wouldn't mind sitting in a bar during office hours and have a martini or 3!!!!!!!!!!

thanks tansy!

Spoiler
HeartWoman Happy
Respected Contributor

I really need to learn this new system! I put a spoiler insteda of just the emoticans! Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't any idea what they look like, fact I didn't know they had multiples. Seems like all that space could be put to better use. I mean, c'mon, they all eat in a different dining room at the same time?

For the "whoopee we won occassions"?  Ain't 1 big room better than 1-2-3-4 or however many eatin room there is now?

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Okay, Cara, but I thought the spoiler was funny. So, you know about the 3 dots in the upper right corner of your photo post? If not click on the dots and you should be able to delete your post. Unless the Q is having having a hiccup. I'm probably explaining something you know...
Honored Contributor

I think the updated one is lovely.  I'm not a fan of the family dining room.

Valued Contributor

I like (and dislike) elements of each.

The Clinton version looked to be warmer and more comfortable. But it was a bit more of the fashion of the late 90s. Everyone was doing some sort of upscale version of what a private suite might be like at a Four Seasons Hotel.

The Obama dining room is more authentic in a period manner. While the room itself is nicely done in a low-key manner, that table and chairs look better suited to a board room. It oddly isn't as elegant as is the room despite the fact that the chairs are ideally designed for white gloved servants to hold onto.

They're each just sort of "functional" as spaces one would find in the White House. In that sense, they're both so safe that the degree of difference just appears to be in the level of warmth.

Esteemed Contributor

For the WH State Dining Room, I'm not a fan of either one but I definitely prefer Michelle's makeover over the former decor.  Another poster above didn't like the material for the window treatments but  that was one thing I really loved.

I liked the Old Family Dining Room.  it was a little more modern but I'd still tweak it (mostly different furniture).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan of any of them. Hated Hilary's too busy and Michelle's was nothing special nor dignified. Imagine what The Donald would do with these rooms😉
Frequent Contributor

Well, we just paid $600,000 for a change ...
Honored Contributor

I like Michelle's better because I don't care for the window treatments of Hilary's.  I prefer the overall sleeker, less fussy look.

I don't care for Michelle's family dining room.