Respected Contributor

Re: where are the old timers?

@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Are you serious?  I was just reading through this thread and others were talking about it so I gave my opinions too.  

I read all about that fight many months ago.  

Good Morning Truffle. Just to shed some light on the disagreement between Terrier and DY......both had a difference of opinion on many issues. From what I saw for awhile it was just back and forth banter until Terrier called someone out for their religion. DY knew at that point it all had gone too far. She was protecting the rights of all of us and refused to allow anyone's religious beliefs to be fodder for an argument. I greatly respect her for that.

I didn't see that, just saw the argument about the barricades and something in the news about the veterans (don't want to restart that conversation) that she and DY were arguing about.  DY couldn't let it go, didn't see anything about religion.  

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

@truffle So you "read all about that fight many months ago"? You went over there and hashed through all of the old threads to find the posts about a fight so you could be outraged?

Obviously you do as you please but going to extreme measures to research a spat between strangers... well to me that is odd.

What are you talking about?  Many people would read over there.  I remember seeing terrier post here but didn't want to bring it up since it would be considered off topic.  I like terrier and used to read her posts all the time.  I wish she would come back.  

Many people may have read over there but very few brought what they read over here. There is a continual effort among a few posters to keep the ill will going. Grudges keep people bitter and stagnant. There is a thread newziesuzie posted on grudges and how to let them go. Good read for anyone interested. 

@BTW I've been posting with @terrier for years and she is well equipped to hold her own. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I don't have a grudge, just feel sympathy for terrier.  I like her.  

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@Lucibee wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I read the deplorable way DY treated terrier getting on a strange tangent with her about a disagreement from a story in the news and DY repeating herself over and over like a broken record.  She really let terrier get under her skin, sad and terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more.  Like Plaid pants said you towed the line; everyone pretty much had to agree with DY when it came to terrier and others she didn't like.  

That is not true.  She was welcomed there. She crossed a line. And you know it because you are still a member there.  

She crossed a line?  Laughable!  Some arbitrary line that DY made up as they were arguing.  I was never a member over there.  

I guess my only question here is how can you say that terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more and then also state you have never been a member there.

There was a lot of history before terrier was asked to leave and a lot of it occured in areas where you had to be a member to read the posts.

I know a lot has been rehashed over here but if you have never been a member you do not have the entire picture or history of what happened.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@Lucibee wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I read the deplorable way DY treated terrier getting on a strange tangent with her about a disagreement from a story in the news and DY repeating herself over and over like a broken record.  She really let terrier get under her skin, sad and terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more.  Like Plaid pants said you towed the line; everyone pretty much had to agree with DY when it came to terrier and others she didn't like.  

That is not true.  She was welcomed there. She crossed a line. And you know it because you are still a member there.  

She crossed a line?  Laughable!  Some arbitrary line that DY made up as they were arguing.  I was never a member over there.  

I guess my only question here is how can you say that terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more and then also state you have never been a member there.

There was a lot of history before terrier was asked to leave and a lot of it occured in areas where you had to be a member to read the posts.

I know a lot has been rehashed over here but if you have never been a member you do not have the entire picture or history of what happened.

She was kicked out for her views.  I read that particular section of that board.  I like terrier!!!!

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Bringing up a past event with animosity, anger, frustration, etc. is a grudge, yes?

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Bringing up a past event with animosity, anger, frustration, etc. is a grudge, yes?

You're describing yourself dear.  I have no animosity, anger or frustration. I have seen you do this with other people that post here.  This unending back and forth, just ridiculous and laughable!!!  

Have fun!!  I have better things to do with my time!!!  

Honored Contributor

Bringing "dirty laundry" over here to "wash" it out isn't very nice either.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@truffle wrote:

@truffle wrote:

You're describing yourself dear.  I have no animosity, anger or frustration. I have seen you do this with other people that post here.  This unending back and forth, just ridiculous and laughable!!!  

Have fun!!  I have better things to do with my time!!!  

Then why do you participate in it?

We ALL have better things to do with our time dear. You are not above the rest of us who post alongside you ; )

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

you mean the DY site ?

yes....

I might check it out, but, I bet it will be more of the same. Moderation, would be better you would be able to breathe, but, first time I ventured an opinion on my soap or item in the news I'd get jumped on, then, piled on.

LOL

I like discussions, but, with people who can carry a conversation without personal attacks and getting all up in your face. I 'm to old for these right fighters. don't need that 'stuff'.

Agreed.

I tried that site for awhile, but G-d help you if you don't tow the popular line.

I finally got fed up with it and left.

IMHO, there are a bunch of bullies over there, that just love to jump on people at every chance that they can. They seem to thrive on that sort of stuff.

ITA after reading about the poor treatment of terrier!