Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,698
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: where are the old timers?


@truffle wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Are you serious?  I was just reading through this thread and others were talking about it so I gave my opinions too.  

 

I read all about that fight many months ago.  


Good Morning Truffle. Just to shed some light on the disagreement between Terrier and DY......both had a difference of opinion on many issues. From what I saw for awhile it was just back and forth banter until Terrier called someone out for their religion. DY knew at that point it all had gone too far. She was protecting the rights of all of us and refused to allow anyone's religious beliefs to be fodder for an argument. I greatly respect her for that.


I didn't see that, just saw the argument about the barricades and something in the news about the veterans (don't want to restart that conversation) that she and DY were arguing about.  DY couldn't let it go, didn't see anything about religion.  


Well prior to Terrier insulting someone about their religious beliefs, DY seemed to be debating Terrier's posts and from what I saw it was just lively banter. The condemnation of another poster because of their religion was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. The statement Terrier made was very hurtful to this particular poster and DY did what any board owner would do with a conscience......she banned Terrier. Someone's religious beliefs should never be used as a weapon in an argument.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,418
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: where are the old timers?


@truffle wrote:

@mtc wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@Lucibee wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I read the deplorable way DY treated terrier getting on a strange tangent with her about a disagreement from a story in the news and DY repeating herself over and over like a broken record.  She really let terrier get under her skin, sad and terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more.  Like Plaid pants said you towed the line; everyone pretty much had to agree with DY when it came to terrier and others she didn't like.  


 

That is not true.  She was welcomed there. She crossed a line. And you know it because you are still a member there.  


She crossed a line?  Laughable!  Some arbitrary line that DY made up as they were arguing.  I was never a member over there.  


I guess my only question here is how can you say that terrier was kicked out for her views and nothing more and then also state you have never been a member there.

 

There was a lot of history before terrier was asked to leave and a lot of it occured in areas where you had to be a member to read the posts.

 

I know a lot has been rehashed over here but if you have never been a member you do not have the entire picture or history of what happened.


She was kicked out for her views.  I read that particular section of that board.  I like terrier!!!!


@truffle I like terrier too but sometimes it's all in the approach when voicing an opposing opinion.  Trust me, you can voice opposing opinions over there and still have a good time.

 

I know at times she was very frustrated but even without moderation there is always consideration and sometimes when things are getting out of hand it's better to stand down and live to fight another day instead of getting the last word in.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,418
Registered: ‎11-03-2013

Re: where are the old timers?


@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Are you serious?  I was just reading through this thread and others were talking about it so I gave my opinions too.  

 

I read all about that fight many months ago.  


Good Morning Truffle. Just to shed some light on the disagreement between Terrier and DY......both had a difference of opinion on many issues. From what I saw for awhile it was just back and forth banter until Terrier called someone out for their religion. DY knew at that point it all had gone too far. She was protecting the rights of all of us and refused to allow anyone's religious beliefs to be fodder for an argument. I greatly respect her for that.


I didn't see that, just saw the argument about the barricades and something in the news about the veterans (don't want to restart that conversation) that she and DY were arguing about.  DY couldn't let it go, didn't see anything about religion.  


Well prior to Terrier insulting someone about their religious beliefs, DY seemed to be debating Terrier's posts and from what I saw it was just lively banter. The condemnation of another poster because of their religion was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. The statement Terrier made was very hurtful to this particular poster and DY did what any board owner would do with a conscience......she banned Terrier. Someone's religious beliefs should never be used as a weapon in an argument.


@Trinity11 this is exactly what happened.  There was a lot of lively banter and even laughs between terrier and DY.  It was the religious thing that got her banned and it was unfortunate as she brought interesting perspectives to the table in my opinion but she did cross the line.

 

There are a lot of great people over there who have been great friends to me especially when I needed support lately and none more than DY.  I won't stand to see them classified as bullies as that is just not the case.  My views are at times very different from many folks yet I have never, ever felt bullied or picked on.  Ever.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,698
Registered: ‎11-16-2014

Re: where are the old timers?


@mtc wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Are you serious?  I was just reading through this thread and others were talking about it so I gave my opinions too.  

 

I read all about that fight many months ago.  


Good Morning Truffle. Just to shed some light on the disagreement between Terrier and DY......both had a difference of opinion on many issues. From what I saw for awhile it was just back and forth banter until Terrier called someone out for their religion. DY knew at that point it all had gone too far. She was protecting the rights of all of us and refused to allow anyone's religious beliefs to be fodder for an argument. I greatly respect her for that.


I didn't see that, just saw the argument about the barricades and something in the news about the veterans (don't want to restart that conversation) that she and DY were arguing about.  DY couldn't let it go, didn't see anything about religion.  


Well prior to Terrier insulting someone about their religious beliefs, DY seemed to be debating Terrier's posts and from what I saw it was just lively banter. The condemnation of another poster because of their religion was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak. The statement Terrier made was very hurtful to this particular poster and DY did what any board owner would do with a conscience......she banned Terrier. Someone's religious beliefs should never be used as a weapon in an argument.


@Trinity11 this is exactly what happened.  There was a lot of lively banter and even laughs between terrier and DY.  It was the religious thing that got her banned and it was unfortunate as she brought interesting perspectives to the table in my opinion but she did cross the line.

 

There are a lot of great people over there who have been great friends to me especially when I needed support lately and none more than DY.  I won't stand to see them classified as bullies as that is just not the case.  My views are at times very different from many folks yet I have never, ever felt bullied or picked on.  Ever.


My views are often different as well. Yet after getting to know some of the people that post there it has been a very pleasant place to feel comfortable enough to express myself. No, I have never ever been bullied there either. In fact I disagreed about something just last week and when DY disagreed she presented her statements using facts and not emotion. I continuously learn something new over there daily.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 1,289
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

Re: where are the old timers?

 

Please try and keep to the topic of this thread to prevent locking.  Thanks a million Smiley Happy  

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,308
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: where are the old timers?

Lots of old time posters/chatters still plugging away on here.

 

 

Go VOLS
RockyTop you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rockytop, Rockytop Tennessee... Rockytop Tennessee
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎09-29-2015

Re: where are the old timers?

I'm still here, although not very often.  We've been packing getting ready to move very soon.

 

Glad to see some familiar names and some new ones too.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Highlighted
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 1,289
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

Re: where are the old timers?

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 1,289
Registered: ‎06-14-2015

Re: where are the old timers?

This post has been removed by QVC off topic, let's give this one more try.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,045
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: where are the old timers?


@truffle wrote:

Maybe terrier will post, I hope so as the accusations against her sound nothing like her. She would never put down someone else's religion.  The thread that I read specifically stated by DY herself why she kicked terrier out and it pertained to the veterans being locked out.  

 

Terrier, come back!! You are missed!!!

 

 


Well, she did.  She lashed out at another poster (not the board mod), in what appeared to be frustration, and told that poster her religion was a cult.