Honored Contributor

Re: when you start a thread,

Thanks, Deb! I definitely am not here to make it about me but I do know that there are others here who feel the same so I'm representing that, just from my personal POV.

GoodStuff - opening one's heart doesn't necessarily mean telling every uber-personal detail of one's life, but I understand what you're saying. Smiley Happy I'm opening my heart, so to speak, any time I share my opinion or my feelings on a subject based on my own life experiences.

Frequent Contributor

I think it's so endearingly cute how some are so attentive to their threads..just like a good hostess with excellent manners!

Respected Contributor

I don't like the threads where someone asks advise in their post, or they're mentioning a situation, and people are commenting with suggestions and asking further questions of the OP, etc. and you never see that poster on that thread again.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

On 8/29/2014 chickenbutt said:

I virtually never start threads on this board because they are generally ignored. But, when I have and the thread hasn't dropped like a rock to another page, I will acknowledge replies and thank people for their help if it was a question.

It seems like there are a lot of people on this board who don't even bother to read what anybody else has to say, though. It's like only what they have to say matters so even if the question has been answered twenty times, they go ahead and say the same thing.

I also see some threads where you put it out there, wanting to help somebody, and you are just completely ignored by the OP. Some will only respond to their 'friends'.

I try not to open up my heart too much here because some people treat you like you don't matter at all. That could get to a person. It used to get to me, but it doesn't anymore. I just back off for the most part, and keep my feelings to myself. Or, if I think what I have to say might help somebody else, I'll have my say and leave it at that. You never know when something you said helped somebody out there in internetland and that's priceless. Smiley Happy

Same here. I started a thread this morning in fashion and got nothing. 2 hours later someone started the same thread and has several posts to it. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

For me it's a bulletin board and not a chat room.

Valued Contributor

On 8/29/2014 gubby1 said:

I think it's so endearingly cute how some are so attentive to their threads..just like a good hostess with excellent manners!

Well it is kind of rude to start one and disappear......I can't always stay around, but I try to acknowledge as much as possible....sometimes they drop out of sight, no interest...and sometimes they get overwhelming very quickly.......but especially if one asks for something, people that try to help should be acknowledged. I think.

Honored Contributor

I think it's very cowardly to start a contentious thread then never go back to reply to the comments others have made. There is a poster on the fashion forum who repeatedly starts nasty, critical posts but never replies to the comments she generates. In other words, she stirs the pot but denies any responsibility for doing it. I don't understand why people do that. The fun of the boards is to have a two-way ( or more) conversation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I try to keep up but sometimes there's a Dudley Do Right who doesn't like the responses or the thread and asks that it be deleted.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I try to if I can.

Esteemed Contributor

I do but sometimes I also forget. My memory has been really bad lately and I started a thread about herbs and then completely forgot about it. By the time I remembered it was a couple of days old and I thought it would be stupid to comment on it and bring it up again.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK