Super Contributor

whatever happened to chlorophyll?

It was all the rage in  the 50's, in everything from toothpaste to little green M&M size tablets that were supposed to prevent body odor. Haven't seen it in years.

Honored Contributor

Re: whatever happened to chlorophyll?

More than likely its still there.  The dental companies have moved on to a bigger seller......whitening, because we all have to have extremely white teeth now or your not pretty.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I forgot about it too...it is supposed to be good for you so I wonder why it went away.

Honored Contributor

i dont remember it being a "rage," but then i was born in the 60s.

you can still buy chlorophyll tablets in the vitamin aisle or in natural food stores.

"Chlorophyll benefits include helping fight cancer, improving liver detoxification, speeding up wound healing, improving digestion and weight control, and protecting skin health. The primary reason chlorophyll is considered a superfood is because of its strong antioxidant and anticancer effects."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 yes I just read that article from dr. Axe but he says it is an expensive supplement so that is probably the reason it is no longer added to products.

Honored Contributor

It turned your sweat green................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

it doesnt seem expensive.....

$2.99 for 100 tablets that are 3mg each.

$7.99 for a 16 ounce liquid that contains 32 servings (one tablespoon is 100mg.).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just eat your dark leafy green vegetables, and you'll get plenty of chlorophyll, such as spinich (yum) and kale (yuck).

Honored Contributor

@excpa

I take the capsules everyday....have for over 20 years

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Just eat your dark leafy green vegetables, and you'll get plenty of chlorophyll, such as spinich (yum) and kale (yuck).

chlorophyll.jpg

"The trick to retaining maximum chlorophyll in food is to eat it raw or cook/steam it slightly. If you can retain the green color, you will retain the beneficial chlorophyll."