Super Contributor

Count yourself lucky if you are receiving alimony in this day and age. I would get rid of the ring.

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2015 Caravaggio said:

Sell it and be thankful you have something to sell. Why would you even hesitate if you are at this point?

If she can possibly get by right now without selling, it is like money in the bank. Things like this can/should be saved for when you have no other options. Once gone, (and the money it brings is gone) it can't be brought back.

I have a friend that has a rough time financially, and she sold off a lot of antiques and such back in a time when she was actually better of than she is now. If she had hung on to at least some of the things she sold, she would have an easier time now. You really have to look at your current situation and ask yourself if you can make cuts, sacrifices, or changes to not liquidate and empty your coffers of everything you have, as you may need the money they bring, even more, at a later date.

Super Contributor

Think about seeing it on some other lady's finger. If it hurts you, try not to do it. If you do it, get a trusted appraisal first.

I hope you can find someone to help you out until you sell the house, good luck.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Personally, I myself, would get rid of any reminder of him if we were divorcing. If there are children to consider, and they're close then I would consider keepimg it.

Respected Contributor
My court date is today at 3pm. I'm very anxious as I have to see my ex. I have no idea what will happen as to the sale of the house. I am pushing for a sale since I had to move out and rent a room from someone who has serious mental health issues and can't afford anything else. I will let you all know what happens after court. Thanks for all your help.
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/4/2015 hsawaknow said: My court date is today at 3pm. I'm very anxious as I have to see my ex. I have no idea what will happen as to the sale of the house. I am pushing for a sale since I had to move out and rent a room from someone who has serious mental health issues and can't afford anything else. I will let you all know what happens after court. Thanks for all your help.

You don't have to post details but please let us know how you are. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I moved out, too and took a toddler with me. We packed and left when he was at work. I recall how terrified I was to see him in court.We went thru some very difficult times but it was it was so very worth it. Things eventually turned out better than I could have ever imagined.

Time does heal.

Super Contributor

OP posted on another thread at 3:41 so her court date didn't take long.

Honored Contributor
On 2/4/2015 birddrops said:

She could be in a different time zone.

Super Contributor
On 2/4/2015 lulu2 said:
On 2/4/2015 birddrops said:

She could be in a different time zone.

True. Probably Ca.

Or posting on her phone from court.

Respected Contributor

The case could have been delayed. There's no way to tell.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____