Esteemed Contributor

Re: what would you do if ex-lover texted your husband?

@dooBdoo 

Once again, the perfect response Cat LOL

You hit all the nails on their heads!

Esteemed Contributor

First of all The wife should respond to her. I'm not saying she should be rude or anything just a  hello this is HIS WIFE and we are just fine hope you are the same. And second of all she should have been blocked from his phone. Why is her number still in his phone???? After the Mrs. texts her back she should erase the number and block it. And third a talk between the two of them is necessary. 

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach wrote:

Husband's old girlfriend texted him tonight and now he's all confused on how to respond.  It was the simple "Just seeing how you and your wife are doing" text. Apparently he still has feelings for her.  What would you as wifey advise him to do?

He should have kept it to himself..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

I would tell my husband to text back.- We are doing great and hope you are too.  Have a great life.  Then block.  He most likely has had the same number for years that's how she has it.  Don't make a big deal out of it.  He married you not her.

Honored Contributor

If she's an ex why hasn't he blocked her from texting or calling?

Honored Contributor

One, a very nice woman, has died, and a second is also a musician (like me), and we've enjoyed some nice conversations together.

If SHE contacted my husband, I'D probably respond, and ask her if she'd had her piano tuned lately.

I'd then offer that MINE was PERFECTLY IN TUNE, even after all these years.

Esteemed Contributor

Kudos to the husband for telling his wife about the text!   At least he's not trying to hide it.  He might have kept this text a secret and started a conversation with the ex-girlfriend.  Give the guy credit for being honest!   The ex-girlfriend is crossing a line.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Helen Bach wrote:

Husband's old girlfriend texted him tonight and now he's all confused on how to respond.  It was the simple "Just seeing how you and your wife are doing" text. Apparently he still has feelings for her.  What would you as wifey advise him to do?

Taking one step back, I'd wonder how or why she has his cell number.  Regardless, my initial reaction is ignore the text but if he does have feelings for her that part can't be ignored and needs to be discussed as a married couple and resolved.  

Well  they didnt say how long they had been married.I have had the same cell phone number for close to 20 years, so that might cover a lot of "ex's" for some people..

Super Contributor

@Helen Bach   The way I would look at this Helen is can anything good come out of her contacting your husband and of course the answer is no.  So therefore, no contact should be made at all by your husband.  

Honored Contributor

"he's all confused on how to respond."

Really?  What's to be confused about?  I'd be suspicious if he didn't tell her to pound sand.