Respected Contributor

what we do for entertainment sometimes (sad but true)

we are all stir crazy. i can't just watch tv hour after hours.  when we really need a break, we load up the dogs, and make the loop around town.

we like to comment on the businesses that are closed, and the price of gas.  then we head to the dogs favorite potty spot. and drive past the stores that we wish were open. 

pretty pathetic. 

Respected Contributor

Re: what we do for entertainment sometimes (sad but true)

@kittyloo We have the same schedule except my dog and I stopped at the carwash.  My vehicle was covered in pollen so I washed it while we were on our grand tour of town.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo  I walk the dogs three times normally with several others short walks. They want out more when I'm home so we've been varying our circle, then to the hill, then backwards. It different going the opposite way. 
  I've been doing yard work, dog baths today. House cleaning. Spring clothes come out tomorrow. 
  At sunset I've been doing 24 form tai chi outside watching the sky. By the second set I'm less stressed, I can feel tension relax. Lately I've neeen doing it in the morning also. 
   I haven't had the car out in 13 days, or been to a store.

Respected Contributor

@1Snickers . wow! i applaud you. you are way more motivated, and energetic than i am.

maybe 20 years ago. i figure if we just stay in the car, and away from everyone, we are about as safe as we can be.

Honored Contributor

I miss going out to eat --- not that we go a lot --- but just knowing that we can go when we want to-- I really miss that!  And going to the stores --- any store --- whenever or wherever --- no more worries than usual!  And finding whatever you want!  But aside from that, I guess my schedule is not all that different.  I must not be a very high energy person, because I don't have a need to have constant entertainment or have to be doing something constantly.  I enjoy being at home (thank goodness) and puttering around, watching t.v., reading, etc.  I have empathy for the kids who are used to being at school and with their peers and friends and doing all their activities.  Big change for them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Before I went back to work on Thursday from home, I was volunteering at our local food bank.  I was shocked to see how many people were out on the roads.  We are under a stay at home order in my state with only essential businesses open.  I wondered where were all these people going in the middle of the day?

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife. Maybe they were just riding around! The weren't infecting anyone if they were in their cars! When I've gone out to the grocery store I've been in no hurry to get back home, having been stuck there for days on end.