Honored Contributor

Re: what's with all the cross posting lately?

@Tinkrbl44  I thought it meant that two posters are going back and forth only to each other, either in a positive or negative way.

In other words, ignoring anybody else who posts to them.

I might be wrong.   Probably.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry im so slow to answer, im posting on a phone.
Maybe I have the wrong term. It's my understanding cross-posting means posting the same post on multiple forums at the same time.
Honored Contributor

I thought it was the same story on two forums.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Noel7@Tinkrbl44  I just looked it up and Noel's definition is more accurate than mine.

It seems like I would take this post of mine and repeat it on other sites like a copy and paste? 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Noel7@Tinkrbl44  I just looked it up and Noel's definition is more accurate than mine.

It seems like I would take this post of mine and repeat it on other sites like a copy and paste? 

It was just a guess Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3, yes, that's it. You change forums but you keep running into the same post. Did I read this thread already or did I just read this post before? And how can I have read this post before if I haven't been on this thread yet today?

Honored Contributor

I think I was thinking of "cross talk".

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I think I was thinking of "cross talk".

@Cakers3

ROFLMAO emoticon (Laughing Emoticons)

I'm not laughing at you; I'm laughing with you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hedge wrote:
Sorry im so slow to answer, im posting on a phone.
Maybe I have the wrong term. It's my understanding cross-posting means posting the same post on multiple forums at the same time.

That's what it is, @x Hedge.   It's posting duplicate threads, the same thread in more than one sub-forum.   

I've noticed a lot of it recently, and also noticed posters suggesting others do this -- most often when it's a thread about a customer service issue.    Instead of suggesting the OP request that their thread be moved to "Customer Care" you'll inevitably see someone tell the OP to start a new duplicate thread there.  

Some posters aren't aware it's considered a policy violation.   I think it helps to take a minute to read the Standards for Participation and the Community Guidelines. 

Even though we don't always agree with moderation, knowing what the policies say can help avoid at least some consternation.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Hedge wrote:
Just noting an observation. There is another cross post right now, and I've seen what seems like several others in recent weeks.
I wouldn't mention it, but I knew I'd switched forums, and there was the same post I'd already read. Thought I was having a "senior moment". LOL!

@Hedge

Could someone please tell us what cross posting is?  I don't ever recall seeing this term here.   TIA!

@Tinkrbl44,  From the "Community Guidelines" regarding cross-posting:

• Do not cross-post - Don’t make duplicate posts across different forums — it clogs things up and fractures the conversation.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova