Honored Contributor

Re: what's with all the cross posting lately?

I have done this before,if i do not get a response.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Geez, I've got a headache now!!!

Frequent Contributor

Or maybe the phases of the planets lol. 

Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Regular Contributor

It happens a lot. I think posters haven't read the terms of service. Or don't care lol.

Honored Contributor

Same post multiple forums. (spam)

New posters with a lot to say

Scorned posters who think they need to post the same thing on every forum to get attentions

or just plain Spamers. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Cross posting doesn't bother me at all.  People have forum friends and perhaps they want input from more than one group.   Besides, this so minor in the scheme of things.  Don't make a molehill into a mountain.

Regular Contributor

If we make excuses for picking and choosing which Standards we will follow vs which ones we think aren't important there might as well be no posting standards.

Jmho I think when we use the boards we agree to post within the Standards so we should do that.

Regular Contributor

@software wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

What happens IMO is there is not many replies on that forum, so they post it on another forum. I would just change the wording, then it's not a duplicate.

Lately posters have been posting in a couple of forums at the same time, not what you describe.

Either way it's against policy (and annoying)

Some people think rules don't apply to them. Or they only follow the ones they like or agree with.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen cross posting but if you're on the Kitchen forum I guess you better not mention a recipe or the cross posting police will report you.  Similarly, if you're on the Mom to Mom thread you better not mention your pets or your kid's pets or what your kids like to eat.....that would fall into one of the other categories.  Then there is the Home forum and so you better not mention your garden or anything else that goes inside a home.  

Then there is the Handbags Forum where people talk about Dooney bags but watch out because there's a Forum just for Dooneys too....that's cross posting again.