Honored Contributor

"Make me an offer I can't refuse."

Trusted Contributor

i do not anwere them at all unless it is to tell them to stop pestering me.

and i will happy to sell but my asking prices is $1.5 million.  that should stop them.  i am in the middle of the block so they really want my lot.

Honored Contributor

He probably wants to build 8 attached townhouses on the half acre.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

nothing here surprises me anymore.  they built a house on .05 lt on the corner from me.  they have no backyard and very little front yard.

Respected Contributor

@shortbreadlover

You must live in Florida.  I've never seen houses so close together.  The closer you are to WDW, the smaller the lots get. 

Honored Contributor

Do you live in Salt Lake City, Utah?

Trusted Contributor

i am in salt lake city utah and this area is growing so fast.  if there is an inch of land, they want to build on it.

they have developed all the farmland that they could.  we used to be a big cit that had a small town feel but not anymore.

Honored Contributor

Where i live it used to be 7 homes to an acre.  Now they can put up to 11 single family homes to an acre, more is some areas. They say 11 single homes, but remember they are 2800-3000 sq ft homes, taller than my old 2 story, with 5 ft of back yard and 5 ft in front.  The cities approve them because they want the taxes and fees they get. They collect money for schools, police fire.  The problem is by the time they go to build a school they don't have a third of the needed money.  Then they go to taxpayers and ask for bonds to redo old schools. And bring in portables.  Yes developers are greedy.  I have seen them come into council promising and promoting their projects.  As soon as they get approved they are back at council and planning commission,whining they need to squeeze a few more homes in because costs have been gone up, and oh, the fancy, eye appealing architecture they promised?  Taken off into square heaps, because God knows they cant meet budget.  And guess what????  City approves it usually.  Developers know this.  Weasels.

Trusted Contributor

Cranky pants much?

Valued Contributor