Honored Contributor

Re: what is your favorite chip?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone remember Mrs. Fisher's potato chips?  They are made in Rockford, IL.  We used to go to the factory store and get them warm from the fryer. Far too greasy and salty now, but very yummy when we were cruising in my Chevy Impala back in the '70s. 

Super Contributor

I love the Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat chips. All the yummy salty chip goodness, but not as greasy as regular chips. For those of you that dislike the greasiness of chips try these...quite good...I prefer them to regulr chips now.

Valued Contributor

Sadly, I've never met a chip, a cake, a cookie, a potato, a bread, a pasta or any other carb I didn't love.  Last week after my physical (despite the fact I lost 14 pounds from last year and have another 16 to go) my doctor sat me down and said CUT OUT THE CARBS!!!  What a meanie - I may have to go shopping for a new doctor - lol!  No, seriously I adore him and promised to do better.  But, wow, it's not easy when it's your favorite food group!

Esteemed Contributor

Jays chips

Honored Contributor

I rarely eat chips, but if I do buy them it's Cape Cod Kettle Cooked chips.

Trusted Contributor

@peace6576 wrote:

I love the Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat chips. All the yummy salty chip goodness, but not as greasy as regular chips. For those of you that dislike the greasiness of chips try these...quite good...I prefer them to regulr chips now.

It took three pages for me to find someone with the sense to post Cape Cod! Smiley LOL

Although I of course go full fat. And the package says all natural so they're a health food!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

The one on my shoulder, of course!  Better than chocolate. Woman Wink

But all seriousness aside, Kettle chips have an irresistible crunch -- so much so that I cannot have them in my house.

I do like an occasional tortilla chip just because they make consuming hot salsa and guacamole that much easier.

@just bee  And mine is the one off the old block!  

(I had that thought as soon as I read the thread title, so I laughed at your response).

@Pearlee

Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I've gone to tostadas.  Love them!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember the Charles Chips can being delivered to my house as a child!  Oh, they were so good, especially the BBQ flavor.  I still love BBQ chips so much that I don't keep them in the house.  I would just eat the whole bag; no self-control.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

The one on my shoulder, of course!  Better than chocolate. Woman Wink

But all seriousness aside, Kettle chips have an irresistible crunch -- so much so that I cannot have them in my house.

I do like an occasional tortilla chip just because they make consuming hot salsa and guacamole that much easier.

I like the serious crunch-type chips also @just bee.  My fav are Zapps which I think is primarily sold in the southern states?  Of course, anything can be purchased online.

image.png

Yummy!