Honored Contributor

Re: what ever happend to......

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Connie Seleca has been happily married to John Tesh for many years/decades and they are now enjoying being Grandparents.  He talks about her often on his radio show.

A few years ago we attended a Broadway appearance of Harry Connick Jr and his band.  As they flashed the lights signaling the show was about to begin, we were happy to have the 2 seats in front of us empty.  Awhile into the show, 2 men, one of them was extremely tall and thin with a HUGE head, sat down in front of us.  Even in the dark I could see the taller man was dressed in tattered clothes and quite frankly smelled awful.  When the lights came on at intermission I thought he looked a lot like John Tesh.  After intermission, HC Jr acknowledged special guests in the audience.  It was John Tesh.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2  How peculiar that John Tesh would be in tattered clothes and have an odor!

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  I LOVE Sidney Poitier.  He's always been one of my favorite actors, and "To Sir With Love" is my favorite movie ever.  Thanks for mentioning him.  Glad to know that he is alive and well at 89.  He is also still handsome, classy, and charming as ever.  

Esteemed Contributor

A Patch of Blue, one of my favorite movies EVER!

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

A Patch of Blue, one of my favorite movies EVER!

Mine's Lily's of the field

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@lulu2  How peculiar that John Tesh would be in tattered clothes and have an odor!

Yes it was.  He could have passed for a down and out street person. 

Back in the late 1970s and 1980s he was a reporter on CBS in NYC.  I thought he was handsome and a great reporter.

I was more than a bit surprised by his appearance.  The show was during the summer and I remember it was beyond hot when we were waiting to get in the theater.  He had on ratty sweater, jeans, an Irish cap (which he removed) and flip flops.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2  I once had a similar experience.  I went to see a famous folksinger perform live and my date and I deliberately got to the venue (a small coffee house) early to get a great seat.  We sat there for quite a while prior to the show starting, because we did have to come quite early to get such a good seat.

About five minutes before the folksinger was supposed to perform, a big-wig local politician and his family entered the coffee house and sat a the one reserved table in front of my date and me.  I was so ticked off because the man in the group who sat directly in front of me blocked my view completely - mostly by his head of bushy, very long, curly hair.  He too was quite  scruffy-looking and I was very surprised he was even with the politician and his family.  I was fuming that this guy was blocking my view after I had come early to get  a great seat.   When the folksinger took the stage a few minutes later, he pointed to the scruffy man sitting and blocking my view and welcomed Arlo Guthrie to the audience.   

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Connie Stevens had a stroke, quite a serious one in Jan. The good news is she has recovered

@cherry..Thanks for posting the link...I think Connie looks beautiful!

Honored Contributor

There were 2 actresses I love that their lives took turns I was shocked to read about...Doris Day...she is still alive and Vera-Ellen, which I just bought a book about her on Amazon recently...

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise would you care to share a bit about them?