Super Contributor

Re: what does fresh cream smell like?

Fresh cream has a delicate note of vanilla...slightly like the scent of vanilla frosting made with real vanilla. It is understated and perfect as a moisturizing lotion après bath. It will not compete with your favorite fragrance.
Honored Contributor

Comtoir Sud Pacific used to have a vanilla/warm milk scent that was fantastic. Vanile Lait or something like that....haven't seen it in years though.

Highlighted

I really wanted to like this cream because I received it as part of a kit and it was very thick and soft.  However, I couldn't get get passed the awful smell. I hate to be so graphic, but to me, the bottle I received smelled like baby puke. I read someone described the smell as spoiled milk, maybe that's a close assessment to mine.  I kept it on my bathroom counter for a long time and I tried it every now and then hoping I would change my mind, but I didn't. I had to wash it off everytime. Finally, I threw it away.

Respected Contributor

I think it smells like Cool Whip.  

Image result for cool whip family guy

Valued Contributor

2014 thread.

Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what my first post was but I'm sure it wasn't regret traveling in a time machine.

Honored Contributor

If I remember it smelled like a hint of vanilla and whipping cream.  I havent bought Philosophy products in years since they changed all the scents, especially cinnamon buns

Trusted Contributor

A few years ago . I tried a sample at ulta and thought it smelled nice with a slight sweet scent. Last year on the black Friday/cyber weekend I bought 2 32 ounce sizes on philosophy .com.  While I have to say, they do not dry out my skin like a lot of products, the sent is nothing like I remembered at ulta.  It does not have much fragrance but almost smells sour. I would not purchase again. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, boy.  Sounds like I will be in for a let down when I get my TSV that I ordered this weekend, then.  I ordered the Pure Grace set that will have Fresh Cream as a 'freebie' in it.  When they compared it to the cashmere scent, I decided to take a change. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)