Contributor

Re: what does fresh cream smell like?

Here's a review copied from the Philosophy website:

"This is my ultimate favorite product in the whole world. I have tried many other lotions from so many other different companies and spent so much money trying to find the right creamy vanilla scent I craved. All that money was wasted because I never found what I was looking for until now! I can finally say this is the BEST vanilla-cream scent EVER. This lotion deserves an award . It has long staying power and scent clings to my clothes which I love. I use this after shower gel and scrub (which I got from an online company), then use the spray fragrance to layer and my hubby can't keep his hands off of me. Makes my skin so soft too. My sisters try to look for my hidden stash whenever they are over but not sharing this until there is bulk sizes available! =)"

Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2014 onewhiteSparrow said:
On 1/3/2014 Jules5280 said:
On 1/3/2014 beammeupscottie said:

To me it smells just like fresh milk....meaning fresh out of the carton.

I agree, fresh cream is hard to define, it doesn't really have a smell but yet it does, it just smells fresh. It certainly smells much better than spoiled cream. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

From my times of milking the cow...fresh cream smells like a cow's t*t.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Sparrow....I won't even ask what a cows t*t smells like!

Trusted Contributor

Have you never purchased a carton of cream for whipping? It's a very mild, milky smell. I'm not saying that's what the Philosophy product smells like (I have never smelled it, so I really can't say), but I find their scents to not smell very natural. If it smells like Reddi-Wip it's got sugar and vanilla in it.

Super Contributor

On 1/3/2014 september said: It smells...fabulous! I've had the Philosophy shower gel in the past, and loved it. For Christmas, I got a gift set of the gel and the body lotion, and I'm going to enjoy it as soon as I finish up a few things I'm now using. Im not good at describing scents..but can say it doesn't smell sweet, doesn't smell sour. It just smells delicious.

I agree!

It has a very subtle vanilla scent along with just....fresh and clean.

It's one of my favorites.

Super Contributor

I imagine fresh cream would smell like Cool Whip. I wouldn't have thought of infant-baby throw up. BLECK!!

Respected Contributor

Philosophy's Fresh Cream products seem to be very polarizing - you either really like the scent or you really don't. To me the 3 in 1/shower gel smells dairy, and similar to lightly sweetened condensed milk. A lot of posters in the Philosophy forum have mentioned it smells like "spoiled milk" to them. The body butter is no longer available, but it used to smell sweeter and similar to Philosophy's Crispy Marshmallow Bars scent. There is a body lotion, but it isn't as sweet as the body butter scent. The spritz gives me a headache - it has a strong musk note that I cannot tolerate. The spray fragrance is nicer - a lightly sweet dairy scent that does have a bit of musk (to act as a carrier, I guess), but not enough musk that it causes headaches for me.

The best bet is to first try a small size of the 3 in 1/shower gel to see what you think. Out of all of the Fresh Cream items, it's the most dairy-like in scent, and seems to be the item that is most polarizing. :-) If you like the scent of the 3 in 1/shower gel, you can then try the other Fresh Cream items, as they each smell a bit different (some more sweeter than others).

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

It smells like a fluffy, light scent of vanilla milkshake to me. I love it - it's different, but it would not be my number one fragrance to wear all the time....just some of the time.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input. I will wait to try a small sampler rather than order big containers of the product. I sure wish that they would give out samples when they come out with a new fragrance.

Trusted Contributor

I like Philosophy's ""CANDY CANE"" -- IT SMELLS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OF THEIR OTHER GELS THAT ARE PEPPERMINTY IN BASE. (Also so much better than the knock-offs at the pharmacy. Fresh and energizing.)

-Solar

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the shower gel, but hated the fragrance...sent it back! The shower gel has a marshmallowy scent, but the fragrance was just too much like milk/cream. Milk always smells rancid to me..so it may be just my "nose".