Honored Contributor

I just cut all the meat off of it, save what I want for sandwiches for a day or two and toss it all out.   We enjoyed it, it's done.

Trusted Contributor

thank you.  it is the same one that i looked at.  i give my dogs turkey but a small amount each day.  they have grownup on people food so they are used to it.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Turkey soup!

Just like with ham. (this year BIL took the ham bone)

@Mary Bailey.....oh my, someone is going to be making some mighty good ham and beans.....can taste it already.  My kind of food....

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Turkey soup!

Just like with ham. (this year BIL took the ham bone)

@Mary Bailey.....oh my, someone is going to be making some mighty good ham and beans.....can taste it already.  My kind of food....

Absolutely!  I still have 3 qts in the deep freeze from the last ham (Easter)

Honored Contributor

Our apt complex has a good recycling and compost program.  I drop all food stuff in the compost can.  They are collected daily.

Esteemed Contributor

One Thanksgiving my mother made a turkey and offered me the carcass to take home and make soup. No way, I said, but thanks. She insisted I take it and try it. She said what's the worst thing that could happen? I'd be out a few carrots, celery stalks and an onion.

I made the most delicious soup the next day, I could hardly believe it. After I removed all the bones and whatever didn't look appetizing, we ate the soup with matzoh balls and noodles. OMG it was soooooooo good. Probably the best soup I ever made.

Thanks, dear mommy, for teaching me so many things about turkey soup... and life.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett