Respected Contributor

Re: what do u think of dr oz?

Vera, I agree with you, he is like a snake oil salesman to me.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Valued Contributor

I never watch him...

Now, Dr. Perricone, I LOVE!!Smile

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2014 EMTHeart13 said:

I never watch him...

Perricone is a snake oil salesman. At least Oz doesn't make money on products he recommends. These high price skin & diet products by different pushers aren't any better than old snake oil peddlers.

Valued Contributor

On 1/30/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 1/30/2014 EMTHeart13 said:

I never watch him...

Perricone is a snake oil salesman. At least Oz doesn't make money on products he recommends. These high price skin & diet products by different pushers aren't any better than old snake oil peddlers.

well, his products helped with my many years of cystic acne and now my skin is AWESOME!! To each his/her own..Wink

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Trusted Contributor

Two words: Scare monger.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I have mixed feelings about him. I think he does a lot of good things, and gives people a lot of good information about issues nobody else talks about. AND he does make people think about what they are eating. I also believe that some of us need supplements and over the years he will change his thinking about things and talk about it. I wish more docs were more open minded and willing to try new things and be more forthcoming about what works and doesn't.

He is over the top, and plays up fads and trends and I don't like that, but I can't say I don't learn things from his show sometimes.

Super Contributor

Overexposed quack. Acts like an expert on everything. He and Dr. Phil have really overstayed their welcome.

Super Contributor

Dr. Oz?

Trusted Contributor

I've watched Dr. Oz since he was on Oprah. I DVR his show and fast forward through what doesn't interest me (usually his silly games).

What I like about him is he has opened a dialogue in this country about people's bodies and their health. I've learned a decent amount by watching him. I also like that he's open-minded toward a lot of different/alternative things.

What I don't like about him is sometimes his show is overwhelming with all the diets and things to eat and not eat and take this supplement, don't take this supplement, drink this tea. It just makes my head spin sometimes. So I just pick and choose the info that I take away from his show.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I don't watch him because of the nonsense little demonstrations but I appreciate that he researches alternative cures for common ailments. Mostly, they are harmless and worth a try before taking drugs that all have side effects.