Respected Contributor

Because there is far too much going on to be bothered about, I've become practiced at being an observer rather allowing reactive emotions but there are times it is just painful and usually involves cruelty, indifference to others' pain, narcissistic personalities, and/or magical thinking.

Valued Contributor

This is one I see a lot of. Irresponsible people who claim poverty and ask for help to pay their bills, but buy wants with the money they do have like smokes, alcohol, concert tickets, junk from ebay. I don't fall for that story anymore. We had our hard times and did what we had to without help. Hypocrites are out there.

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I had a childhood friend who was always my friend until I was pregnant and her marriage was failing. During our teen years things were good as long as she had a boyfriend before me, had a better car than me, a better job than me, and got married before me.  Once I got pregnant at age 25, she shunned me.
10 years later she called me and told me she missed me so much (she was remarried and had 2 daughters) which she knew I always wanted a girl and I had a boy. I told her I hope you have a nice life but I can't reopen that door again.  

5 years ago (I'm now 62 at this point) she 'friended' me on Facebook. Um, no......did you not hear me 20+ years ago????  I don't hate her but no.......you're not getting back with me.  

I believe she's trying to relieve her conscience.

The one good thing was she introduced me to my husband and we're celebrating 45 years in July.

Sometimes......friends aren't REAL friends, they're frenemies. 

@tarsmom 

I don't know why, but your post immediately took me back to what someone wrote in my autograph book in fourth grade .... 

"Friendship is like glass ... so handle it with care. 

For once the glass is broken ... the crack is always there."

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

There are quite a few things that bother me, but right now what comes to mind is..... 

People who can't distinguish propaganda from the truth.  

People who refuse to believe or see the truth even when facts are presented right in front of their eyes.  These people don't want to hear or see anything negative that will burst the bubble they have been living in.  

Also hypocrisy.  It appears to be contagious and rampant right now.  

What's so shocking to me is how many people have succumbed to this thinking.  It's more of a recent troubling phenomena. 

@Foxxee 

ITA .... but, beyond that, what really bothers me is how poorly educated some adults are.  They have no idea how the government works ... or real life in general .... and just have no common sense.   

Even if they didn't go past high school, they just don't understand enough about life to function and live a decent life  .... and worse yet .... these people have children!    Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

While I don't let things bother me very much, I think these days are very troubled ones and I am witnessing the downfall of my beloved country.  I fear for what my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will have to face and pray God will give them guidance. 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Wow --- that would be hurtful!  I knew quite a few people like that.  They didn't know I existed until they needed or wanted something.  Then they acted like they were my best friend.  After I provided what they needed or wanted, they discarded me.  Some people are just "users".  They go through life like that.  

Quite a few things bother me these days.  People who are rude, selfish, lazy, loud, dishonest, mean, disrespectful --- the list could go on and on.  

I still go by the old saying --- treat people the way you want to be treated.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor
I have a problem with people not knowing the “system”. Like people who get enough money on their food stamp debit cards (that they can cash out-get cash back at a cash register). And have other government programs that give them a handout. While they are Perfectly Able to work, but do not, because they KNOW how to PLAY “the system”. BUT, my problem with this is..that people who know those people-their family members, churches, food banks, etc. give those same people money or free food or pay their utility bill for them etc.

To make this short….THE PEOPLE WHO NEED THE HELP DO NOT ASK FOR HELP BUT ARE HURTING OR HUNGRY!!

I get frustrated that the people who get get get also go go go. And don’t save for a rainy day. Do not show appreciation for the free help. And make it their way of life and do not TRY to Help themselves or their kids FOR THE FUTURE!!

BASICALLY, BEFORE YOU DONATE YOUR MONEY TO THE NEXT CHARITY OR FEEL BAD FOR SOMEONE and FEEL THE IMPULSE TO “HELP” THEM….LOOK AROUND AT YOUR OWN FAMILY, THE RETIRED PEOPLE LIVING ON SS ALONE, and THE DISABLED on SSDI (THAT DO NOT GET THE FOOD STAMPS ETC) and don’t be afraid to ask someone if they need help or just help them. Or go visit someone and look around and see if their home needs a necessary repair, etc.

THE PEOPLE WHO NEED THE FINANCIAL HELP ARE NOT ANNOUNCING IT!!

The people WHO CAN HELP THEMSELVES a lot of the time are USED to BEING DEPENDENT on OTHERS and are LIVING IT UP-WHILE THERE ARE PEOPLE YOU KNOW THAT ARE HUNGRY AND HURTING!

I’m NOT saying EVERYONE who gets help lives this way. I’m saying, that there are a lot of people out there that DO NOT qualify for help because they own a house, or make too much money-but the too much money barely pays the necessary monthly expenses and definitely doesn’t ALLOW FOR ANYTHING UNEXPECTED to happen like a repair bill, extra medical expenses, fuel heating costs, etc.

I have realized that too many people judge other people and therefore don’t help, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!
They don’t know “how the system works” and therefore think that everyone is doing great!!
Or people just don’t understand so what people don’t understand they stay away from!

I hope this post comes across as…look around and notice someone who needs help that isn’t getting any-before just throwing your money to some big charity!!💖
Or getting bored or disconnected and buying another item that you don’t need and that money could have helped someone greatly!!💖💖
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten It sounds like you were the flavor of the month and then they turned rhe calendar and moved on.  I have been there and done that.......

Valued Contributor

Re: what bothers you?

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

What bothers me is when people are being mean, cruel and rude and use the excuse "I am only being honest" or "I am entitled to my opinion" to excuse their behavior.

I knew a girl when I was in school who would say the meanest things and would justify it by saying "I am only being honest".