Respected Contributor

Re: what are we doing during this stay at home period

Working. I'm supposed to be doing new hire orientation for someone right now, but he's in another meeting. (Not sure why his manager decided to schedule a meeting before his new hire orientation, but that's another hill to climb.)

Honored Contributor

Sometimes, when I just want to "zone out" .... I take out my coloring books.  I've collected a stack of books over the years, and boxes and boxes of coloring pencils and pens.  There are books for every taste.  I prefer some of the more abstract and bizarre designs.

This morning I got an email from Dover Pubs ... free shipping over $25 .. and I ordered four more coloring books.

I also use the coloring books to experiment with color combos and designs.  

---------------------------------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I've been retired almost 10 years, so I've adjusted to "staying home."  

Nothing different now.   Besides normal household chores .....

• I knit and crochet for charity and have some other ministry work.
  • Genealogy research projects that I've been working on for about 40 years.
  • Participate in webinairs .... heavy-duty subjects that require lots of reading/research.
  • Recreational reading.
  • Hanging out on line for an hour or so a day.

The only thing I'm missing now is physical therapy .... they are closed for this week.  So - I go for a walk in the afternoons to prevent "relapse."

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear 

Anyone else having problems with YouTube?  By problems I mean "spinning" and not loading the videos.

youtube is lowering the bitrate,

"the average customer wont notice the difference". apparently you are not average 💖

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Same ol' same ol'.  Watching more TV.

Cleaned out "stuff" we never unpacked-once DS and family can come over and pick through-the rest will be donated.

House cleaning as usual-but will not do windows.  Rainy weather anyway and GS is our window guy.

Nothing really special but I wish I had purchased a jigsaw puzzle to work on. DH likes them too.

Why not order the puzzles, @Cakers3?  My husband always has one in the works.  He has three coming this week from Pomegranate Puzzles.  I have ordered ones for him multiple times from Buffalo, White Mountain and Ravensburger.

@tansy   Thank you for the references.

I do have a Christmas puzzle and a Halloween puzzle - lol  Both Peanuts brand.   Not the biggest but not the smallest, either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Same ol' same ol'.  Watching more TV.

Cleaned out "stuff" we never unpacked-once DS and family can come over and pick through-the rest will be donated.

House cleaning as usual-but will not do windows.  Rainy weather anyway and GS is our window guy.

Nothing really special but I wish I had purchased a jigsaw puzzle to work on. DH likes them too.

Why not order the puzzles, @Cakers3?  My husband always has one in the works.  He has three coming this week from Pomegranate Puzzles.  I have ordered ones for him multiple times from Buffalo, White Mountain and Ravensburger.

@tansy   Thank you for the references.

I do have a Christmas puzzle and a Halloween puzzle - lol  Both Peanuts brand.   Not the biggest but not the smallest, either.

He's finishing up a Halloween one now.  Because of space limitations, he sticks to 1000 piece ones.  He has taken over the second bedroom, with the pieces spread out on sheets of cardboard across the queen-sized bed😜  I will check out Peanuts.

Honored Contributor

I'm baking a lot of Weight Watchers type muffins and freezing them. I am catching up on a lot of TV shows. I ventured out on Saturday, I went to the bank. They had you stand behind a rope and then give the teller your banking. I had to go back today, and they changed it. They put down this yellow tape you must stand behind which is FAR away from the teller. I asked how are we suppose to do this, do I airmail my banking to you?! I had to go to the teller, hand her the banking and stand way back. I had to use my outside voice to converse with her ( mom always said, use your indoor voice inside). 

Honored Contributor

Not much but at this point I’m still going to physical therapy twice a week because I genuinely need it and love my therapist. Appointments are way down in an effort to keep everyone safe. There are only a few people around.
Honored Contributor

I planned to clean the closets and dressers out and take a large donation to Goodwill but I can't seem to stop reading and eating!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

thought I would start a chat about what

movies , books ebooks or audio , TV shows etc 

projects we are doing while we are staying at home to be positive and focused.

working on a knitting project

culling jewelry will never wear for resale 

watched Tolkein  liked it 

listening to a Poirot on utube

Maybe I've missed them...threads/posts about helping others?  

When you go out for a grocery run or to pharmacy are you thinking about the front line/essential workers? Since they are still working, some extended hours, they could use some support and assistance.

The elderly or limited mobility neighbors -  if not in your neighborhood, how about your friend's neighbors? 

Local food bank needs? Is anyone calling/supporting their local food banks? 

Not singling you out @jackthebear  but it seems like most of the threads about our current health crisis are 'self' oriented,  hysteria or inaccurate information. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl ITA.  Maybe a thread needs to be started to remind people about that.  We are doing that on our local Nextdoor app.