Honored Contributor

Re: what are we doing during this stay at home period

@lolakimono wrote:

@jackthebear 

Anyone else having problems with YouTube?  By problems I mean "spinning" and not loading the videos.

not here,  there was a story on the news that internet is overloaded,  with all the school and work from home

clear your history etc, and restart 

perhaps you need more internet speed right now 

Trusted Contributor

I bead as a hobby.  I am working on a necklace that has 9 flowers.  I've done four, and none of the flowers look the same (they are supposed to look the same).

I haven't worked on it for a month, even though it is my hobby and I like doing it while watching TV.

I've decided to give myself permission to put aside this complex necklace that isn't working out (although the individual flowers really do look nice) and work on a new project.

I will start it today!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I've been retired almost 10 years, so I've adjusted to "staying home."  

Nothing different now.   Besides normal household chores .....

• I knit and crochet for charity and have some other ministry work.
  • Genealogy research projects that I've been working on for about 40 years.
  • Participate in webinairs .... heavy-duty subjects that require lots of reading/research.
  • Recreational reading.
  • Hanging out on line for an hour or so a day.

The only thing I'm missing now is physical therapy .... they are closed for this week.  So - I go for a walk in the afternoons to prevent "relapse."

thinking about teaching myself to crochet,  have knitted for years 

just taught myself to knit continental vs. english 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been remodeling one of our bathrooms. New flooring, sink and vanity, toilet and shower. The whole works. I have made 3 puzzles so far. Watching series on Netflex and Prime.  Watching movies from our list. Baking and cooking, reading, emptying closets of old stuff we haven't used in a long while.  Still go for walks at the beach. Practise the 3 foot rule. Getting fresh air is good for you.  Have been noticing a lot of out of state license plates parked along the beach too.

Trusted Contributor

Computer, talking on the phone with a friend, watching the news.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

See a previous post watching live Bald Eagle cams.  I'm hooked.  

Foxxee - My husband was watching the elk cams plus the eagle cams. He gets so excited when the elk bleat. Makes him watch all the more.

Honored Contributor

I get e-newsletters from Artnet -- they've had some good suggestions for anyone interested in the arts.

Here's one:

ArtNet News, March 20, 2020

"Hungry to Learn Something New About Art?

Here Are 14 of the Most Thrillingly Mind-Expanding YouTube Videos From Museums Around the Globe"

"Just because you can't walk into a museum right now, doesn't mean you can't get access to great arts and culture."

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/favorite-museum-youtube-videos-1810353

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

Same ol' same ol'.  Watching more TV.

Cleaned out "stuff" we never unpacked-once DS and family can come over and pick through-the rest will be donated.

House cleaning as usual-but will not do windows.  Rainy weather anyway and GS is our window guy.

Nothing really special but I wish I had purchased a jigsaw puzzle to work on. DH likes them too.

Why not order the puzzles, @Cakers3?  My husband always has one in the works.  He has three coming this week from Pomegranate Puzzles.  I have ordered ones for him multiple times from Buffalo, White Mountain and Ravensburger.

Respected Contributor

Image result for love spending time with my dogs

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Same ol' same ol'.  Watching more TV.

Cleaned out "stuff" we never unpacked-once DS and family can come over and pick through-the rest will be donated.

House cleaning as usual-but will not do windows.  Rainy weather anyway and GS is our window guy.

Nothing really special but I wish I had purchased a jigsaw puzzle to work on. DH likes them too.

Why not order the puzzles, @Cakers3?  My husband always has one in the works.  He has three coming this week from Pomegranate Puzzles.  I have ordered ones for him multiple times from Buffalo, White Mountain and Ravensberger.  

Hi, @Cakers3 and @tansy!   There also are the online puzzles and the mobile puzzle apps.   Here's a thread discussing a couple of options: 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Try-this-if-you-like-jigsaw-puzzles-and-need-something-to...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova