Honored Contributor

Re: what are we doing during this stay at home period

Looking for a handyman to install a "saloon" style door on my fridge...it's easier to open the door  since after I "occupy" myself in the morning with everyday stuff the grazing begins ...Lol!😂🤣

I swear I either am stress eating, having underlying anxiety  or my thyroid is out of whack!  I'm not a snack kind of person but today I ate a whole bowl of strawberries & blueberries.  Did I mention they were to be filling for the angel food cake I was going to bake & didn't!

I need to stop OR all my clothes will have to be donated and  I will be  buying more 🙈 to fit me!  

And first week I was good 

-cleaned closets

- cleaned out pantries (donated 5 bags of food to sr center)

- took out Easter decorations : was sorting to sell at yard sale but  now cancelled☹️ there goes my dream of making millions😉

and lots of other little keep busy stuff.

This week:

Dreding coming up with varied dinner ideas now that I'm cooking everyday : breakfast, lunch & dinner🙄

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear  I can do without many things but java is not one of them.😁 I hope your new coffee maker gets there soon!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

I'm working from home during this situation. This week and last week I've been lazy! Somewhat enjoying it. I'm usually going to the gym, working out at home, meeting up with friends and family. And doing laundry, bill paying during work day since I'm at home so I find I have more time to be lazy when I'm done working. Just being online, watching TV and trying not to grab something to eat every time I walk into the kitchen. I have to start on my closets and kitchen cupboards. Perfect time to do all this. I just need to do it, but "The Office" is too funny to stop watching! 

Honored Contributor

I'm still writing, editing, etc. When I'm done with that I watch YouTube. I recently stumbled upon an adorable young British woman named Jasmin (YouTube name Jazzybum or Jazzybumblee) who has a lot of YouTube videos up, and she's quite funny to watch. I find her more entertaining than most other TV these days. She buys unusual, cheap, strange things on Ebay, Wish, and other sites, along with trying to follow along with online tutorials for cooking and crafts, etc., often with disastrous results. "Mistakes have been made," is a common expression she uses. Even though she's 27, she's really just an adult sized child. She's quite entertaining. I find her very amusing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much doing the same as usual.  Since I retired, I don't go out much any way.  But I do miss going to a store occasionally to browse and shop for things besides food and medications! I also miss going out for dinner!  But really, I am not doing much different.  I watch a lot of t.v. and read a lot, so that's not much different than my usual schedule!  I have plans to start going through drawers, etc. again but so far haven't mustered up the gumption to do it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

thought I would start a chat about what

movies , books ebooks or audio , TV shows etc 

projects we are doing while we are staying at home to be positive and focused.

working on a knitting project

culling jewelry will never wear for resale 

watched Tolkein  liked it 

listening to a Poirot on utube

Maybe I've missed them...threads/posts about helping others?  

When you go out for a grocery run or to pharmacy are you thinking about the front line/essential workers? Since they are still working, some extended hours, they could use some support and assistance.

The elderly or limited mobility neighbors -  if not in your neighborhood, how about your friend's neighbors? 

Local food bank needs? Is anyone calling/supporting their local food banks? 

Not singling you out @jackthebear  but it seems like most of the threads about our current health crisis are 'self' oriented,  hysteria or inaccurate information. 

my thread wasn't intended to support those needs,

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I get e-newsletters from Artnet -- they've had some good suggestions for anyone interested in the arts.

Here's one:

ArtNet News, March 20, 2020

"Hungry to Learn Something New About Art?

Here Are 14 of the Most Thrillingly Mind-Expanding YouTube Videos From Museums Around the Globe"

"Just because you can't walk into a museum right now, doesn't mean you can't get access to great arts and culture."

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/favorite-museum-youtube-videos-1810353

Here's another one!

"9 Dazzling Virtual Art Experiences You Can Have From the Comfort of Your Home, Including a Memorable Trip to the Sistine Chapel

It's never been easier to visit the world's greatest museums and cultural sites remotely."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova