Respected Contributor

Re: what are the demographics of average Q shopper & posters

this is from Mike George the CEO of the Q.................................raven

I'm hesitant to put a label on her, because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000.

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 blackbirdraven said:

I'm hesitant to put a label on her, because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65- year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000.

some of that information seems a little "off"
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 evelomaddict said:

i'm 36. there are some times when i feel like i'm posting in pleasantville, minus the pleasantness. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 2/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said:

I'm hesitant to put a label on her, because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65- year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000.

you can read the article for yourself here..................

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/10/05/ceos-corner-qvc-mike-george-on-the-shopping-channels-big-pl/

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Valued Contributor

the reason this notion came to me were some threads I read in the Fashion forum---there were so many negative remarks about the fact that other women were terribly inappropriate--I'm simply curious----
Super Contributor

On 2/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: the reason this notion came to me were some threads I read in the Fashion forum---there were so many negative remarks about the fact that other women were terribly inappropriate--I'm simply curious----

The remarks were inappropriate or the women were?

Valued Contributor

you can read the article for yourself here..................

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/10/05/ceos-corner-qvc-mike-george-on-the-shopping- channels-big-pl/

oh, it's not you that I doubt--it's got some surprising facts. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 2/13/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: the reason this notion came to me were some threads I read in the Fashion forum---there were so many negative remarks about the fact that other women were terribly inappropriate--I'm simply curious----

the chat was quite critical of women's appearances that some segment sets itself as arbiters of the "right" way to dress, shoes etc---passing judgements when certainly no judgement is necessary. IMHO----ugliness---live and let live -- honestly, " they" sound old and stodgy
Super Contributor

the chat was quite critical of women's appearances that some segment sets itself as arbiters of the "right" way to dress, shoes etc---passing judgements when certainly no judgement is necessary. IMHO----ugliness---live and let live -- honestly, " they" sound old and stodgy

Oh. Thanks I see what you mean. I've seen some of those posts. Some posters think we're supposed to fit in a box.

Honored Contributor

i think you can find quite a few of those types of theads right here on viewpoints also, in fact, quite recently. it is pretty rampant and not just in the fashion forums.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein