Valued Contributor

Re: what a pretty little girl

In the first pic, I think she looks a lot like the queen. Never saw the resemblance before. It just jumped out at me this time, she looks like QE2 when she was a very young woman. 

To me, of course... at least in this pic...

Trusted Contributor

@software

Back in the day there would most definitely be a Charlotte doll, perhaps Madame Alexander? Wouldn't her likeness make an adorable Madame Alexander doll?

It's sad that our grandaughters won't have one of these would-be dolls to connect them to the Royals in some small way. Even if Madame Alexander still esists, I'm sure they're made in China now. Boo- Hiss.

dee

@software wrote:

Back in the day you could buy a Charlotte doll, I used to have a Shirley Temple doll

Now, nothing, no one collects

She's a doll

Valued Contributor

What a sweet little girl. Mom and Dad should be so proud.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's hard to believe she's in school already.   The next thing we know, we'll be watching Charlotte's coronation.

@ValuSkr. Charlotte will never have a coronation unless all those who preceed her in the line of secession die.  By then, George may have children and they would preceed her.  A coronation is the ceremony where a monarch is crowned king or queen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Absolutely,

http://api.ning.com/files/vRmOHLfaiW8NVtaKdFUx1IpsPZavcSFZap-3h*a2FFgVFtTUZTSS6SFK46YVeq8YPYLH09gz28MVUPNofMk-kQ__/100_cutie.gif

Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful family. Adorable little girl.  I think she looks a lot like her grandmother the queen.

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

I keep reading how much she looks like the Queen and I just don't see it.  She is such an adorable little girl.

Oh yes she does... if you look at pictures of the queen when she was younger and as a child she looks very much like her.Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

They are beautiful children, but not dressed for the "messy play" in nursery school. I'm sure they have to dress them this way for the press, but perhaps they are given a change of clothes for when they are playing outside or painting on an easel. While I always sent my daughter off clean,  I always worrried when she didn't come home covered head to toe in paint, clay and sand. Also, I taught kindergarten, preschool and 2nd grade for years. 

Honored Contributor

My mother used to make my clothes when I was little, this is the classic dress.  I always had these same little puff sleeves and carried a hanky in the sleeve.

The youngster was last seen in public in an official capacity during the family's tour of Germany and Poland in July 

Photo used for Christmas card, also taken July 2017:

Charlotte, pictured in July during the family's tour of Poland and Germany in an image used for the family Christmas card 

Honored Contributor

I dressed my daughter just like Kate dresses Charlotte. Not as expensively of course. But she wore Polly Flinders ,dresses with smocking and pinafores and tights, with Mary Janes

I always loved that look on little girls. I'm glad to see some mothers today ,do too