Valued Contributor

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i live in anarea that is now prime property and i am getting calls ect wanting to know if i want to sell them my house.

i told one that i would sell him my house.  we talked and i said i would sell him the house for $75,000.  he jumped for joy and asked how soon i could be out.  i told him i wanted to know how soon he planned to move the house.  he said he did not un derstand. i then told him that he was buying the house and that the lot(1/2 acre) was not for sale.  he was so mad at  me.  he hung upon me

Good for you!  At least now you should be rid of his calls.

Valued Contributor

Our five acres in the city limits turned into a gold mine.  Land owners on each side of us sold out to the developers.  We waited for all the homes to be built then put our 5 acres up on the market. One of the best decision ever.  It's a win win situation if your area is getting built out as it only means that the land will go up in price.  You will loose your privacy if your neighbors decide to sell.

Trusted Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

Just curious but where do you live that has houses for sale at 75,000.00? A house in the Bay Area is 900,000.00 and up.

@hsawaknow

That’s similar to prices in San Diego area though the claim is that the median in SD county about $650,000. (Probably some rural and some condos skew the r silts down some) 

10-15 years ago, used to joke with relatives in n other states that you couldn’t get a house that said Fido over the arched opening for less

than  $250,000 - that isn’t far from the truth now.

Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

i live in anarea that is now prime property and i am getting calls ect wanting to know if i want to sell them my house.

i told one that i would sell him my house.  we talked and i said i would sell him the house for $75,000.  he jumped for joy and asked how soon i could be out.  i told him i wanted to know how soon he planned to move the house.  he said he did not un derstand. i then told him that he was buying the house and that the lot(1/2 acre) was not for sale.  he was so mad at  me.  he hung upon me

Good for you!  At least now you should be rid of his calls.

@lynne6was7   @shortbreadlover

Others will call.   Happens whenever an area becomes hot.  Best solution is to just not answer the phone if you don't recognize the number ,and save herself the aggravation. 

It's a much better problem to have than needing to sell her home ..... and can't get a decent price for it.

Trusted Contributor

salt lake is booming.

that $75.000 was just fr the house.  the lot would have cost him at least $4 millionm if i wanted to sell

i hate deveoplers because they move into an area,  make huge donations to elected officals to get their way with land laws and then build cheap house and move on.

Respected Contributor

WOW! 4 Milllion for a 1/2 acre R1 lot? I live in a very affluent So Cal city and even I think that is a lot

Sell! move out here- 4 million might get you a whole acre and the weather is great!