Respected Contributor

well, for all of the doom & gloom about health care

my job is actually giving us more!

well, it is because I already live in a state with 98% of the population covered and my job has a wellness program

some things they did:

PREVENTIVE CARE WITH NO COST SHARING – There will be no cost sharing (i.e., copayments, deductibles or coinsurance) on any in-network adult annual visits, well child visits, annual gynecological visits, routine pre-natal and post-partum visits or select preventive services and diagnostic tests that are described on XYZ’s website at zzzzzz. Doctors’ visits for services that are not classified as preventive will still be subject to the $15 co-pay. Initially there could be some confusion about this provision at the point of service; if so, ask your provider to contact XYZ for clarification.

[Note: This federal health care mandate could have been deferred until 2014, but we felt that implementing the no-cost-sharing preventive care coverage now would be more consistent with our wellness initiative announced last month.]

PHYSICAL AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY BENEFIT – For many years, the Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy benefit provided under our plans was generally limited to 60 days from the date of the incident. Effective June 1, 2010, we were able to enhance the benefit to 25 visits per calendar year

MENTAL HEALTH VISITS – A federal law called the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act went into effect on January 1, 2010. Briefly, the law provides that group health plans that offer mental health or substance abuse benefits must offer them in parity with medical/surgical benefits. For the most part, our plans already complied with the new requirements. However, we did make one change: as of last January 1 our plans have no longer restricted the number of visits for (medically necessary) mental health services.

so, see - not EVERY job is blaming the reduction of benefits on the HCR. they are actually taking advantage of it and expanding benefits.

good going to my job! I hope other companies will realize that it is better to have healthy employees and not cut their services.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames