Respected Contributor

Re: well THAT wasn't much fun

@GoneButNotForgotten 

In the current state-of-affairs with our medical/health care in this country, the patient needs to be more proactive, sometimes almost aggressive in getting timely medical attention.  Don't give up. It brings to mind what a male politician said about a female polititian not giving up on an issue not too long ago: AND STILL SHE PERSISTED.  You may be the patient who needs to persist to get answers and appropriate care. 

Honored Contributor

Hope you get a hold of the doctor tomorrow morning.  Hopefully you'll get good results soon, too.

My dad went with his stepmother as she had to get a liver biopsy.  They explained the whole procedure to him in the room where they did a CAT scan.  The doctor explained how he had to make sure the part of her liver he was getting the biopsy from didn't punture her lung.  So I guess they used the CAT scan machine as their window or guide--so to speak. 

Anyways, my father was in a waiting room while the procedure was being done.  All of a sudden the room started moving.  It was an earthquake!  My father stood in the doorway to the waiting room and the surgeon came stumbling out in the hallway.  My dad asked him if everything was okay and the surgeon said he got the biopsy just as the CAT scan machine started to move around. 

Any ways, the biopsy came back negative, it was a cyst.  Thank goodness.  My grandmother didn't have any pain whatsoever, though.  I do remember that. 

I'm hoping if you have this pain while breathing this didn't happen to you. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Here it is, about 11 days later, and it STILL hurts...a lot. I saw my doctor on Monday; she examined me and couldn't find anything wrong. I have NO idea why it's hurting so much and I'm getting a little desperate. Oh, and she also said she's never had a patient react this way...that didn't make me feel better, either.

It also worries me--is it because of something that's going on in my liver? I can't wait to get the results of my biopsy next week and I hope it'll spread a little light on the situation.

Honored Contributor

If the pain is when you inhale, maybe you need a lung xray. 

A biopsy shouldn't take this long.  My grandmother got her results in 2 days even though they told her it could take up to a week.

If you're still uncomfortable, you should call your primary care doctor.