Honored Contributor

Re: well THAT wasn't much fun

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Had my liver biopsy today. The actual procedure didn't hurt much but it did afterward; when I breathed in it felt like I was being poked by a fork. I sure was glad to get home. I'm not supposed to get out of bed for 2 days, except for trips to the bathroom. 

I plan to avail myself of that very strictly Woman Tongue

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I pray that things will be much better than your greatest fears.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I have had a couple, myself.  They are not fun but do follow your instructions to a tee.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Had my liver biopsy today. The actual procedure didn't hurt much but it did afterward; when I breathed in it felt like I was being poked by a fork. I sure was glad to get home. I'm not supposed to get out of bed for 2 days, except for trips to the bathroom. 

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Not familiar, or can't remember your liver problem, obviously serious if having a biopsy. Hopefully the results of this turn out for the best concerning your liver.

Couldn't help but notice your comment on how it hurt. From all my many injuries, your description of: "when I breathed in it felt like I was being poked with a fork" !

That is close to how I described my "discomfort" after each of my 5 fractured ribs. When asked my response was: "to get my lungs full, I had to lift my rib cage. If not, it feels like being stabbed with a knife"! The really bad part is the months they take to heal.

Every person I have talked with that has a rib or 2 fractured, describes it, pretty much the same way as I did.

Hope all goes well for you,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Sounds very unpleasant! I hope you heal up quickly and get a very good report from your biopsy! I have not had that done thankfully but I've had broken ribs and a punctured lung and these things were quite painful and made it hard to breathe --- so I have empathy for you! Blessings!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry you have had to go through all of this.  My prayers and best wishes for your good health.

Esteemed Contributor

Indeed biopsies are no fun.  Sorry you are in discomfort.

Hope for good results.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten, that doesn't sound like fun at all. But I hope all is positive from hereon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   I am sorry that you had to endure the procedure. 

Take good care of yourself and I wish you well.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

Keeping you in my prayers

Respected Contributor

Here it is, almost a week later, and I still feel like someone hit me in the ribs with a baseball bat. Gonna get it touch with my doctor; i don't think it should hurt this much 6 days later.

Or maybe it should. And that's why I'm going to get in touch with my gastro-doc.

Esteemed Contributor

Sending you healing prayers @GoneButNotForgotten and take another day of rest if necessary.