Honored Contributor

I got a envolope with my medicare card in it, i called the number on card,to get advice, 1 800 633 4227, i got questions from a pre recorde message, asking about what kind of vacations do i like, and other stupid questions, i hung up,then called back now i get this number can not be reached from your area,what is going on?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: weird thing happened

[ Edited ]

I just checked 1 800 633 4227 is the correct number, could it be you are is dialing it incorrectly. Maybe try on a phone that shows the digits as you dial them.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That's the number on my Medicare card. I googled it and it says it's Medicare. 

Frequent Contributor

Indeed, that is the Medicare phone number.  You can also go to Medicare.gov to ask any questions you may have about your mail.  🙂

Honored Contributor

Just strange, i called a 4th time, got to speak to someone at medicare, she really wasn't much help,so confused on plans.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: weird thing happened

[ Edited ]

What type of advice are you looking for?  @goldensrbest

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Just strange, i called a 4th time, got to speak to someone at medicare, she really wasn't much help,so confused on plans.

@goldensrbest  I used One Exchange when I signed up for Medicare this year.  I looked around on their website and then called the number.  The woman that I spoke with helped me tremendously.  I was very confused before I called.  Like you, I called Medicare first and they were not helpful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

goldensrbest wrote:

I got a envolope with my medicare card in it, i called the number on card,to get advice, 1 800 633 4227, i got questions from a pre recorde message, asking about what kind of vacations do i like, and other stupid questions, i hung up,then called back now i get this number can not be reached from your area,what is going on?

Oh my!  The spooky thing about that is that I had that exact same thing happen when I was calling a company that sells products.  I was wanting to cancel an order.  Anyway, I called the number and the same exact thing happened.  The first time I hung up after a while and tried it again, then I got the 'this number cannot be reached...' deal.

That is really freaky!    I almost feel like some entity is taking over phone numbers to try and solicit/spam/whatever people.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

The people working for Medicare cannot advise people on coverages and companies, which should you choose, etc. They can only discuss what *Medicare* pays for or doesn't, and how to sign up for *Medicare*, not supplements or anything to do with them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

The people working for Medicare cannot advise people on coverages and companies, which should you choose, etc. They can only discuss what *Medicare* pays for or doesn't, and how to sign up for *Medicare*, not supplements or anything to do with them.

Exactly.