Honored Contributor

we're on our generator now, now we're not. LOL

[ Edited ]

power went out at 4:30 this a.m.  It's just after 2 p.m. now.  Projected time for power to come back on is, 4 p.m. tomorrow.  At 32 degrees out, he hooked us up  to the generator.

So if you have some other MI friends on here today and some of tomorrow, you may need to wait for a response.  Unless they get on their generators too.

No sooner written and posted, then wham, we're up and running.  GOOD.

Respected Contributor

Re: we're on our generator now

@qualitygal  Wow. that's a long time without power n the winter, especially for those who have no generator.  I'm in an all electric condo, so thankfully the power doesn't go out often here in NE Ohio, because I would have no backup at all except for a warm fuzzy cat and a heavy coat.  I'm glad you have the generator......those things are expensive, but they sure are a life saver at the right time!

We'll be getting the snow tomorrow and Wednesday, but it will all be lake effect, so it's hard to predict how much......depends on how hard the wind blows, and in what direction!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: we're on our generator now

@2blonde,  we're back on now, thanks and good luck to you.

Regular Contributor

Re: we're on our generator now, now we're not. LOL

@qualitygal,yay gotta love that power!Stay well!  MaryAnne

Honored Contributor

We lost power too.  I went down to the kitchen about 4:30 am and saw the clocks were flashing.  Then I realized I heard the generator.  I have no idea what time the power went out.

I just checked if they have an estimated time to restore power - nothing as of yet.  I'm so glad we have a whole house generator.  This is the first time we've needed it during a winter storm.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal@Bri369@Bri369@2blonde

I hope everyone affected can stay warm or get help!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Try to stay warm. I know it's no fun to go without heat when it's freezing outside.

Ours was out for about 5 days when we had an ice storm. Thought we were going to freeze. We left town seeking out a hotel room which we found about 2 hrs away. We were going to stay there til the power came back on but in the morning we figured we would be better off buying a generator & going back home vs paying for hotel bills.

At least now we have a generator. Yes we have used it several times since.

I think we were refunded the money from FEMA. Not sure who. We had no idea they would reimburse us that money until someone told DH. They also gave us money back for staying in the hotel. More then we paid out??? Something wrong with that IMO.

We felt guilty taking that money because we figure it's for those that need it most but people take advantage of these things all the time. We have never been on food stamps or any other kind of assistance so just felt guilty taking the money.

I don't know why. At the time we were living paycheck to paycheck & thought we were going to make monthly payments on our Visa card for that generator we bought.

Honored Contributor

The most I ever had to do was three days then when it came back on the water went off that day.  I was keeping milk ect.. out on my deck sitting in the ice and snow.  I would have done anything for a generator back when I lived out in the country for 18 years.  We always lost power at least once or twice for a couple of days every single year.

Keep warm and stay safe @qualitygal

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."