Respected Contributor
On 2/26/2015 melfie said:

Thank you SoftRaindrops. That's a very kind thing to say.

You're welcome, Melfie. Hope to "see" you here again.
Honored Contributor

Hahaha ... Buck, I thought I was the only one playing that game. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} You can almost tell exactly what each poster will type, too. It's amusing to watch. I don't like the nastiness and will sometimes throw in a "silly" to try to calm everyone down. Some don't mind, but for others it's like adding fuel to a fire. That's when I back away and go amuse myself. I enjoy a good discussion thread and have learned a lot of things from some of them.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

.....I don't post a whole lot on here, anymore. I used to, but then my words kept getting twisted and the more I tried to explain, the more people kept taking it the wrong way. I post about Nick Chavez and very little else. Don't get me wrong, there are some threads and people on this board that I enjoy posting with. But the rest, it's just too difficult to predict what someone's mood is going to be and I just don't feel like the drama.

Like another poster said, it seems many here only really like you if you have a high post count and/or if you're part of a popular group/clique. Everyone else seems to be deemed a troublemaker. And goodness gracious, if you're a new poster and you have a low post count, almost everything you say will get taken the wrong way. It's very sad to watch people pile on a new poster.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

There was a time when I joined discussions more than I do now. It's hard to decide when to participate and when to stay on the sidelines. I don't think I ever realized how many ways there are to interpret a written comment until I started posting here.

I've learned a great deal from all the posters, many times have changed my perception or opinion. I think it's cool when we see a comment like, "I never thought of it that way." Those moments when a light bulb goes on in our head, and we realize we're more aware of all the intricate facets of something we're discussing... those are the times we can be glad we're not static, stagnant, or too set in our ways.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2015 dooBdoo said:

There was a time when I joined discussions more than I do now. It's hard to decide when to participate and when to stay on the sidelines. I don't think I ever realized how many ways there are to interpret a written comment until I started posting here.

I've learned a great deal from all the posters, many times have changed my perception or opinion. I think it's cool when we see a comment like, "I never thought of it that way." Those moments when a light bulb goes on in our head, and we realize we're more aware of all the intricate facets of something we're discussing... those are the times we can be glad we're not static, stagnant, or too set in our ways.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

If I said what I was really thinking/feeling, I'd be arguing with someone every day. I don't post much, and definitely not on any of the controversial topics, but I sit here and roll my eyes a lot. On the rare occasion when someone tries to start, I will answer once to clarify if necessary, but usually ignore. I certainly am not going to go back and forth and back and forth with some stranger who argues for the sake of arguing. The only time I will get involved in someone else's fight is when it gets brought up again, usually on another thread, and one party is rewriting what really happened.

Respected Contributor

I state my opinions and maybe go back and forth until I'm satisfied. I don't ever expect to get closure or even acknowledgement from anyone else as they are too busy trying to make their own points. Once I've said what I have to say, I usually move on. I may come back and read other replies, but if I feel the topic has been done to death, then I leave that thread for good.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I walk -- 95% of the time -- sometimes I can't help myself....but life is too short to argue on a message board.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

I had a teacher introduce me one time as the best student he had ever had. The reason being that I would debate him on any and every thing ... even when we agreed on something. I just wanted to see and understand both sides of whatever he was teaching in order to make up my own mind. LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

dooBdoo,

You have a lot of actual knowledge to share