Honored Contributor

Re: voter fraud or just senile?

@bri20 wrote:

I don't understand how that's voter fraud?

She already had requested an absentee ballot - so in the computer that was her vote - the computer doesn't care if she sent it in or not - when they send it to you the computer says you voted - then she came to the polling place and was insisting on voting there - which would be voting a second time.And voting twice is voter fraud.

Respected Contributor

So simply requesting an absentee ballot is voting?  

I kind of doubt that.   I'd like to check into that first...

Respected Contributor

IMG_1586.PNG

Honored Contributor

he following are the common types of alleged voter fraud:[1][5][6]

• Double voting (ballot stuffing): One individual casts more than one ballot in the same election.
  • Dead voters: The name of a deceased person remains on a state's official list of registered voters and a living person fraudulently casts a ballot in that name.
  • Felon voter fraud: The casting of a ballot by a convicted felon who is not eligible to vote as a result of being a felon.
  • Voter suppression: A variety of tactics aimed at lowering or suppressing the number of voters who might otherwise vote in a particular election.
  • Registration fraud: Filling out and submitting a voter registration card for a fictional person, or filling out a voter registration card with the name of a real person, but without that person's consent, and forging his or her signature on the card.
  • Voter impersonation: A person claims to be someone else when casting a vote.
  • Vote-buying: Agreements between voters and others to buy and sell votes, such as a candidate paying voters to vote for him or her.
  • Fraud by election officials: Manipulation of ballots by officials administering the election, such as tossing out ballots or casting ballots in voters' names.

Respected Contributor

Based on what I found, she was not commiting voter fraud and was within her rights to go down and vote even with her absentee ballot in hand 

Honored Contributor

We have a neighbor here in Florida who owns a home here in Fl and one in NY . She & her husband registered to vote when they closed on the house down here and they were very upset when they found out that Florida changed their residency over from NY and they could no longer vote there, nor did they have the homestead on their taxes in NY. They thought they could just register to vote here and then vote both places  because they owned 2 homes. And he was a school teacher so he knew better I'm sure - he just was tring to pull something.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is something that has crossed my mind.

Say there is an elderly person with dementia. Let's call him Robert.

Their care-giver sends for an absentee ballot in Robert's name.

When it arrives, the care-giver fills out the ballot, voting how they wish.

The care-giver then either (A) gets their own absentee ballot, or (b) goes to the polls to vote.

That care-giver has voted twice, because Robert never filled out, or even knew that he had a ballot.

That is voter fraud.

How can they prevent that?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How  could they confirm that a person has or has not sent in an absentee ballot? They do not have your identification on them as we have secret ballots in our country.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 I bet that happens a lot.

Respected Contributor

If you request an absentee ballot, you have to identify yourself and provide your mailing address.   I'm sure they keep track of requests and who has sent them back in.  It doesn't mean they can see who you voted for.