Respected Contributor

Re: voter fraud or just senile?

Did they just remove her from the voting area or did they actually take her to jail?  What would she be charged with?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:
He took her away in handcuffs? How do you know what she was arrested for?

Because he said to her "You are under arrest for attempted voter fraud. You have the right to remain silent, ...." He had a hard time getting her to walk out and he finally said if she didn't come along quietly they would carry her out. Before arresting her he had asked her to come with him, and she said she No I refuse to leave until they allow me to vote. 

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:
He took her away in handcuffs? How do you know what she was arrested for?

Disturbing the peace is sort of a catch all, that is used for almost anything

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue It was explained to her repeatedly and patiently.  She was simply un cooperative.

So were a lot of millennials at the conventions I was at - because they did not understand the rules. Some of them caused a 45-minute delay in a procedure because they did not understand a rule, started yelling and booing, and got mad because they thought they were being cheated.  They needed to have it explained repeatedly and they were causing all kinds of problems. Not because they had dementia, but because they did not understand the rules.

There is a lot of tension this year and a lot of people are worried about voter fraud. From her point of view, she's the one not being allowed to vote and she might feel like someone is out to prevent her from voting.

Or maybe you're a medical doctor who treats many dementia patients and just know better.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand how that's voter fraud?

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

It wasn't. It could have been IF she had mailed in the ballot AND cast a ballot at the polling place, but since she had the mail in ballot in her hand and had not mailed it in, no fraud was committed. The OP just decided to use an inflammatory title.

Honored Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I don't think it is. She didn't vote

Honored Contributor

It sounds like she was confused to me.  It could have been mental illness or a form of dementia.

It's too bad they cuffed her, imo.  I hope wherever they took her, they tried to call someone to come and get her, family or friend.

Honored Contributor

It seems like Fla would have  more of this sort of thing happening, given the age of it's residents, than many other states

Respected Contributor

Being uncooperative at a polling place is not voter fraud