Honored Contributor

Re: ****** van ****** has STILL got it!

Image result for chitty chitty bang bang gif

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

That is great!!  Always loved him, still do!

Respected Contributor

What's so bad with "Rip Van Winkle"?

Honored Contributor

I saw that on tv recently. Very cool. I'd love to be in a restaurant and hear him singing.

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Nice, @sunshine45!   Thanks for sharing!   His fans will like this music video, too!

THE DUSTBOWL REVIVAL - FEATURING D1CK VAN D-KE - "NEVER HAD TO GO"

"Published on May 20, 2015

We had the luck and the privilege to share the first single "Never Had To Go" from our 2015 release With A Lampshade On with the man himself, D1ck Van D-ke and his lovely wife Arlene. They said come over and let's do a video. So we did. What a dreamy guy. At 89, he really can still dance like he's in Mary Poppins!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoPugqYMISM

There is another video attached to this one of his wife Arlene belly dancing and he joins in.  Tres amusant!

Honored Contributor

Since I can't say his name, I'll simply say that I've loved that man since his show with Mary Tyler Moore and then later, Diagnosis, Murder.  He is a natural in all things entertaining.  Apparently, his memory and timing are still very good.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

trying something....dickvandyke w/ no spaces

Super Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Since I can't say his name, I'll simply say that I've loved that man since his show with Mary Tyler Moore and then later, Diagnosis, Murder.  He is a natural in all things entertaining.  Apparently, his memory and timing are still very good.

Hmmmmm, sorry @Mmsfoxxie, didn't you mean to type **** Tyler *****!?

Couldn't help myself since the responses here are seriously cracking me up!

BTW,  always really liked dickvandyke too!

Super Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

trying something....dickvandyke w/ no spaces

Tee hee!!!!! @sallybusky!

Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Oh, no!  Did they bring back the ridiculous elementary school censorship tool? Can we honestly not say the name ****** Van ****** now?

EDIT: It's true. I'm super disappointed, @Keyai. Is there anything that can be done about this? The forum itself is once again insisting on treating us like children. That's the man's actual name and the forum software has decided that it's a bunch of dirty words. This is incredibly frustrating and, frankly, an embarrassment. We all deserve better.

Hi @ChynnaBlue

I understand your frustration with the words that are filtered. Unfortunately the automated tool does not have the capability to understand the context of a word. I will review the list of words that are being filtered to see if we are being too conservative with the list. I hope you can understand why we would block certain words from being permitted. My apologies to you for the frustration this is causing.