Honored Contributor

Re: update on the Turpin children

[ Edited ]

May you learn to walk in the sunshine ,and  not the shadows @suzyQ3...You are still a lovely lady  , and I hope your path ,is always strewn with flowers

Honored Contributor

@cherry.  We all have different opinions. Not necessary to talk down to people.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't talking down to @suzyQ3. I was wishing her  happiness

You post the way you want ,and I wll do the same @proudlyfromNJ

Respected Contributor

I see the father has been charged with inappropriate contact with one of the children.  I am not surprised.  When I first heard about the tying up and chaining, I felt it was probably related to some sort of physical pleasure for the parents. 

Honored Contributor

Initially it was said some of the progeny had suffered developmental problems from starvation.

If that’s true, they are going to have some real struggles.  I sure wish them the best.

Honored Contributor

snip

The seven adults of the 13 siblings who were found living captive in a Perris home in January want people to know that they are hopeful for the future as they continue recovering from years of alleged abuse at the hands of their parents, an attorney for the siblings said Friday.

"They don't want people to think of them only as victims," said Jack Osborn, who was appointed in Riverside County Superior Court to represent the adult siblings. "They want people to think of them, not as what brought them to where they are now, but to think of them going forward and becoming independent and developing goals and working toward those goals."

Esteemed Contributor

I hope and pray they will be ok, Kids are resilient as they say, but what a horrible life they had. Its terribly sad. AND I hope they are in proper foster care because I don't trust a lot of these foster parents either. There are horror stories about foster parents too. So I hope the authorities placed them with good people. They've been through enough! This whole case is unbelievable, that people treat children the way these parents did! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

They can never see their parents again and though they were abused I have a feeling they have separation anxiety and do love them.  It must be very hard especially for the younger ones.  

Regular Contributor

These kids will have a long road for sure, but I feel they will come around to having a decent life. I read an article on them today and Amy Duggar King wants to adopt all of them. Don't have anything against her but I hope she doesn't want them hoping to get a TV program. Maybe I'm over thinking her reason for wanting them. The article said the older ones were learning how to use an iPad and looking at movies etc. I do wish the kids the best, however, I can not say the same for their parents.

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Respected Contributor

Are they all together and where are they living?