Honored Contributor

He saw his heart Dr today for his stress test results. The Dr told him everything is normal and working as it should. His heart is pumping normally and his blood flow is also normal

The Dr said the small buildup of plaque in one artery was old, and flat against the artery wall. He said Mr Cherry is at very low risk for a heart attack ,or heart disease

He told my Hubby to take a baby aspirin and his statin, and come back in a year for blood tests

He gets a ct scan in a couple of weeks, and then gos back to the spine and brain Dr for evaluation. WE are hoping his brace can come off then

Our last appointment is in Dec. The surgeon wants Mr Cherry to get a colonoscopy to make sure his intestine is OK after the ruptured appendix

Its been a wild ride ,and we are thankful its nearly over. This has been ongoing since late Aug, when he fell down the stairs in our home

Thank God for good Drs, and a wonderful hospital

Esteemed Contributor

Re: update on my husband

[ Edited ]

@cherry  Yes, it has been a long road and it sounds like you are coming to the end of it........all with good news!  Yes, thank God for good medical care.  This could have been much worse.  Mr. Cherry was blessed.......and so were you.  BTW you sound like a wonderful, supportive caregiver and spouse.  Here's to a healthy new year!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Image result for god bless you word imageRe: update on my husband

Glad to read good news about Mr. Cherry and you!

Image result for god bless you word image

Honored Contributor

Re: Image result for god bless you word imageRe: update on my husband

I just had a colonopsy in Sept. worse part is the drinking of all that stuff

You have to drink a gallon of liquid within so many hrs. Medicare will pay for that, but, the stuff I took Medicare won't pay for, but, it's only 3 8oz glasses 2 days in a row. Have to get up early , so, you'll have time to get cleaned out before the procedure.

Mine was fine they took out couple of those polyps things, not cancer though.  Praise God !

Good luck !

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SharkE  He has had quite a few and the most recent was last year

The surgeon wants to  make sure there is not infection present, because the appendix is at the end ofthe intestine ,and he had to  have a great deal of infection pumped from his body after his appendix ruptured

He wasn't sick or in pain. They found the perforation and infection when they did a ct scan to check his kidneys. His Dr's office called us and told us to go to the hospital immediately

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry   Glad to hear it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I didn't have to worry about appendix because they took that when I had a hysterectomy when I was 42, then , the next yr. they took my gallbladder.

My problem was not enough fiber in diet. I won't go into detail, but, fiber is real important to keep you from getting sluggish and slowing down the plumbing. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

He saw his heart Dr today for his stress test results. The Dr told him everything is normal and working as it should. His heart is pumping normally and his blood flow is also normal

The Dr said the small buildup of plaque in one artery was old, and flat against the artery wall. He said Mr Cherry is at very low risk for a heart attack ,or heart disease

He told my Hubby to take a baby aspirin and his statin, and come back in a year for blood tests

He gets a ct scan in a couple of weeks, and then gos back to the spine and brain Dr for evaluation. WE are hoping his brace can come off then

Our last appointment is in Dec. The surgeon wants Mr Cherry to get a colonoscopy to make sure his intestine is OK after the ruptured appendix

Its been a wild ride ,and we are thankful its nearly over. This has been ongoing since late Aug, when he fell down the stairs in our home

Thank God for good Drs, and a wonderful hospital

Dear @cherry - what wonderful news! It's a long haul when there's an illness, or a series of illnesses, which affects the entire family. The best part is coming out at the other side with good news.

I wish Mr. Cherry the very best of good luck for a total recovery. And for you, I send prayers of strength. It's so difficult for everyone concerned.

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @cherry!   Thank you for sharing this encouraging update.   I continue my prayers for you and your dear husband for good news and good health.   What a difficult odyssey.   It's wonderful having you back here with us.   I missed you, as did many others.❤️   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks everyone. I have missed all of you. I can't count the trips to  the hospital for tests ,and scans, we have had, also Dr visits. We have had three differnt issues and more than 3 Drs we have had to see

Our hospital is a teaching hospital ,so you are cared for by their staff of Drs.  They have all been amazing and so kind

We had a therapist come to the house 2 times a week for a month.

Things could have been so much worse than they are. 

One thing we found out ,from all the scans,despite everything that happened ,my husband is in excellent health

We do wonder, if landing so hard when he fell, might have injured his appendix. He had a tremendous bruise on the side of his stomach the appendix is on.

I  since have moved the tylenol to the upstairs medicine cabinet. He fell in the kitchen stairwell. He had gotten up at 3 AM to, take some tylenol for a headache, The tylenol had been located in that area for over 50 years. I never gave the stairwell a thought.

My husband has no memory of what happened to him ,or the rescue team taking him to the hospital. It might be a blessing not to have recall of such a scary event

God is good ,and so are all of you , blessings on you, my dear friends