QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative

Honored Contributor

Law of attraction states that the vibrational energy one "puts out" is equal to what they attract back.

In other words, you are what you vibrate (crudely put).

There can be a deliberate quality to using the law of attraction, which at times could be considered prayer.

On the other hand, being mindful of what you feel is what law of attraction is about.  There is no "no" in law of attraction.  There is no "pushing away."

Frankly, I've found that it works as it was explained when I learned about it.  It's not a religion.  (Maybe that's obvious.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Law of attraction states that the vibrational energy one "puts out" is equal to what they attract back.

There can be a deliberate quality to using the law of attraction, which at times could be considered prayer.

On the other hand, being mindful of what you feel is what law of attraction is about.  There is no "no" in law of attraction.  There is no "pushing away."

Frankly, I've found that it works as it was explained when I learned about it.  It's not a religion.  (Maybe that's obvious.)

Please don't misunderstand me.  I am not saying it is a religion.  I am saying that prayer is often sending wishes and hopes out into the universe.  That's exactly what it is for many people.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

As to "Hear my Soul Speak" having only one meaning, I have a feeling onewhiteSparrow used it because it's a familiar term to those of us who watch QVC and watch Shawn's presentations.  And it's helpful and terrific to know the origin of the phrase in connection with the ring.

But there's no reason to limit its use.  I doubt any poet would want that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Reason why I started this topic was to see who has something that rattles around in their mind and you want something that the future will bring to you.  

What is it that you send outward where you say to yourself....."Hear My Soul Speak."?

Some call it wishing and hoping.  Any wishes around here?   Or do you just go with the flow?

I think you are speaking about the concept of the "law of attraction."  Wayne Dyer spoke of this; he understood the Abraham-Hicks concepts. 

And so do I. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Please don't misunderstand me.  I am not saying it is a religion.  I am saying that prayer is often sending wishes and hopes out into the universe.  That's exactly what it is for many people.

Right.  Most folks do think of prayer as being part of some religion.  The phrase Isaac says all the time comes to mind, "Am I right about that?"   It is not religion, per se, but has perhaps a religious connotation.  I'm not saying there is any wrong or right about it (and I know you are not either), but I just wanted to clarify that.

I often feel happy to send prayers out and I am not necessarily religious.  (Hope I haven't crossed the Mod Squad line here.)

Also, we might try to get away from using "soul" because everyone has an inkling of what a soul is.  Perhaps we might say "energy" so we move away from worrying about the definition.  It's not as poetic, I agree, to say "Hear my energy speak."  Sounds kind of blah, actually.  But maybe it's realistic?  "Am I right about that?"

Honored Contributor

This is really interesting.  I have to be AWK (away from keyboard) for a while. 

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

"Hear My Soul Speak."  Most of us know this saying is engraved on a large solid silver ring.   And sold on QVC.

The idea for the ring came from a London jewelry store where Shawn's mom bought the original "Hear My Soul Speak" ring.  

I wear my ring often.  The days I wear it I am really talking to myself, or thinking of something.  I'm sending out my soul thoughts to be sent to the soul of the universe to listen.  On those days I am sure I was hear.  Thoughts from the heart does echo beyond the stars them selves. 

Do any of you think....."Hear My Soul Speak."?

Or am I acting child like again?

Nothing wrong with "acting like a child."  They're magical. And whatever makes you feel good,a ring,a phrase , it's all good.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: "Hear My Soul Speak"..

[ Edited ]

"Make it so" @onewhiteSparrow

Do you find that it all works better if you keep to yourself whatever you are creating?  

As an aside, I used to have a boss who knew I was a Star Trek fan (all the generations!) and he used to always tell me to "make it so."  And so I did!

I just remembered something:  Has anyone seen the movie "Mindwalk"?  (Sam Waterston, Liv Ullman, John Heard - 1990)

It brings to light systems theory in a very fascinating way.  It's based on Fritjof Capra's book of the same name.  The Cartesian theory, in which everything is separate, is explained away, since it's been found that everything is in a relationship with everything else.

The movie is a little hard to find but there's a nice piece on it on Wikipedia.