Valued Contributor

As a retired English teacher, I taught Shakespeare ad infinitum and the quote is 'Hear my soul speak. The very instant I saw you, did my heart fly to your service.'  It's from 'The Tempest.'               docsgirl

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

As a retired English teacher, I taught Shakespeare ad infinitum and the quote is 'Hear my soul speak. The very instant I saw you, did my heart fly to your service.'  It's from 'The Tempest.'               docsgirl

................I knew I had hear that somewhere before!  I haven't read Shakespeare in a very long time.  Thanks for sharing that.  Sounds like you should know! 

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

Correct.  Both times I saw Shawn present the ring, she pointedly told everyone that it was a quote from Shakespeare from The Tempest. and was about love.

Of course, it's pretty common for people to take inspiration from a quote and what it says to them personally.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

Reason why I started this topic was to see who has something that rattles around in their mind and you want something that the future will bring to you.  

What is it that you send outward where you say to yourself....."Hear My Soul Speak."?

Some call it wishing and hoping.  Any wishes around here?   Or do you just go with the flow?

I think you are speaking about the concept of the "law of attraction."  Wayne Dyer spoke of this; he understood the Abraham-Hicks concepts. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Many call it prayer.

Honored Contributor

Prayer may or may not have a religious connection.

Law of attraction does not.  It's a "principle" whereas "prayer" is an action.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Homegirl, I'm talking about the millions of people who send thoughts and or wishes out into the universe in the form of prayer. 

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Homegirl, I'm talking about the millions of people who send thoughts and or wishes out into the universe in the form of prayer. 

Prayer is asking for superman/superwoman to came handle things.  

Our "Soul Speak" is creating from our own thoughts to create what we want in our future.  We keep the power and force.   We own it.  

One is religion ideas.   The other is not.

You have a limited understanding of prayer.  It's not asking for a super hero to handle things.

"Soul Speak" is whatever a person feels it is, you certainly changed it from its original meaning which was one lover to another.