Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 2/23/2015 mochachino said:

yes, but in light of all the goings on I really would rather people not know what my son does for a living. I am proud of him and I am sure there are many on these boards that would take pot shots aimed at me since I don't share their leanings.

I get those pot shots quite often, you're right to just keep personal information to yourself.

I think of the old nugget of advice to consider the source... I do, and I can see how unhappy they are with their own lives.

Well said, Noel!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 dooBdoo said:

yes, but in light of all the goings on I really would rather people not know what my son does for a living. I am proud of him and I am sure there are many on these boards that would take pot shots aimed at me since I don't share their leanings.

I get those pot shots quite often, you're right to just keep personal information to yourself.

I think of the old nugget of advice to consider the source... I do, and I can see how unhappy they are with their own lives.

Well said, Noel!

Last night, many of them were in the wings waiting for the chance to attack Lady Gaga, and so they did.

And then she knocked it out of the ballpark and they haven't been the same ever since, LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 tansy said:

Is your son a William Shatner fan?

who isn't? His overly dramatic acting as James T Kirk was just delicious IMO. And so well played off the robotic-ness of Spock.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 dooBdoo said:

Well said, Noel!

Last night, many of them were in the wings waiting for the chance to attack Lady Gaga, and so they did.

And then she knocked it out of the ballpark and they haven't been the same ever since, LOL {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 tansy said:

who isn't? His overly dramatic acting as James T Kirk was just delicious IMO. And so well played off the robotic-ness of Spock.

Count me in as a Shatner fan!

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 tansy said:

I think he's great! I love the fact that he pokes fun at himself, too. I think it tells us a lot about the person when actors can do that.

Trusted Contributor

Lady Gaga is so talented I don't know how anyone could attack her. Who cares what someone looks like?

I only wish I had their talent.

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 tansy said:

Count me in as a Shatner fan!

Well, George Takaki (?) for oneSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

this is one of the things Shatner said:

he talked about a possibly upcoming show or documentary he’s working on with the working title Young Guns of NASA. The project has allowed him access to several NASA sites around the country, and he spoke about Col. Scott Kelly, an astronaut devoting his life to science by spending a full year on the International Space Station.

Honored Contributor

Lady Gaga is so talented I don't know how anyone could attack her. Who cares what someone looks like?

I only wish I had their talent.

They routinely go after not only her looks, but her talent, claiming she has none.

I suppose they're still trying to claim she's a no-talent {#emotions_dlg.laugh} They've already lost that battle.