Honored Contributor

To anyone else that's lost a good nights sleep from "hotel headache" we are right there with ya.   The one night we spent in Memphis last winter- for only one night- Un. of Memphis had a home game the next day..

WE HAD NO IDEA WE'D BEEN PUT ON THE SAME FLOOR AS THE TEAM!!  (yes I meant to capitalize, LOL)..  OMG when they wake the team up on game day, it's early early.. they bang on every door and called out every player, TO GET UP"..    I was up too!!  Opened my door and there stood two gigantic football players looking down at me, their room was next to ours..   I meekly said (in my Tennessee orange night shirt), "Good luck today"...  and backed into the room.. LOL  

Entire Hilton was covered with fans/players/cheerleaders, coaches, you name it.  When we checked out, I made a complaint about guests being on the same floor as players, that wasn't right so they gave us a really nice discount and apologized.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

How'd you get out of paying?  Did they comp your room charges because of what you had to endure?  Why do care what the parents knew or didn't know?  Obviously, the chaperones were doing their job, not sure how you knew that they were drunk.  Generally speaking that's what happens with school trips like that.  There are never enough chaperones to do the job, they can't keep track of the kids and the kids do run from room to room and they always have a fascination with icemakers and soda machines.  Other than timing your vacations around school vacations, there's not much you can do about it. I admit, I've experienced it from both sides.  As a chaperone and has a harried and aggravated traveler. 

Honored Contributor

I'm very lucky I've never experienced this.

I do have a friend whose daughter is on a cheer squad and they travel all over for competitions.  I know with her and the group of mom's that go with their daughters on the trip, all they talk about is all the booze they are going to drink.  Woman Frustrated  I can only imagine how little they chaperone the kids.  

Honored Contributor

It was the hotel's fault for giving you a room that was in a block of team cheerleaders.    You were absolutely right in demanding a refund.   If they were really "nice" they also could have given you a certificate for a free return night at a later date.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@libbyannE  

This is the BEST story!

Respected Contributor

Call the front desk and complain about the noise. If that doesn't work, call the front desk and tell them you are now calling the police 

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl and @libbyannE, that is the best story- they were having a Sister sleepover.......

Image result for happy nuns gif
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Call the front desk and complain about the noise. If that doesn't work, call the front desk and tell them you are now calling the police 

Actually, that worked for us once.  We took our own girls to Washington D.C. for spring vacation and the hotel was packed with other spring breakers.  Totally out of control.  Hubby called the front desk, not to complain, they knew what was going on.  He called down and told them that he was about to call the police to report "an incident" on our floor....that did the trick.  The noise stayed within reason for the remaining 3 days of our trip.  

Respected Contributor

We stayed at the same hotel as England's rugby team once.  But I'm not complaining - they did their  workouts in the pool Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl  Maybe you should have called the police.  That might make hotel management wake up and take notice. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment