Respected Contributor

tried to order something this morning no Q card

so i went to place a order this morning. got to payment part, and no Q card option. hummmm. only a bankcard. 

try to add a method of payment (my Q card) not valid. not enough #'s, security code etc. ok. i get that. numbering system is different on Q card.     do a live chat, i'm told that if you don't use it for 2 years, it automatically gets cancelled.  I need to reapply for a new card.  ok, but i have used it within that time. i think. 

check my ordering history, and yes, i used it 14 months ago. clearly withing their time parameters. 

back on live chat.  sorry, got reset. try putting it in again. 

nope still not gonna work. 

so i have to think, do i really need this card???  

i'm thinking not. i've had my Q card for over 25 years. you want me to reapply?  one less card is how i see it. 

case closed.

Honored Contributor

Re: tried to order something this morning no Q card

@kittyloo    I am still shopping with QVC, but have never owned a Q card.  So far, I have lost nothing shopping with my own card --  even have seen the majority of my purchases over the years having EZP without it.  I do know there are more EZPay's on the Q card, but so far I have not needed that benefit.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo 

I had a strange occurance a few days ago when I tried to checkout, but not involving a Q card (don't want one).

I've shopped here for 30 years while living at the same shipping address that entire time, but when I tried to checkout, I got a message that the order could not be shipped to my address, it was a kitchen item.

I know certain items are restricted from delivery to CA, I live in GA.

I tried deleting and re-entering my shipping address multiple times, but no go.

I finally had to contact CS to complete the sale for me and they had no idea why I kept getting that message that wouldn't let me complete the order, but the item was sold out by then.

I wonder if their computer system is so busy with sales, ezpay and last minute orders that it's overwhelming it and causing 'strange' things to happen?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom You get the 'not able to ship to that address' message if an item in your cart is no longer available.  When that happens, I 'save it for later' and keep checking it to see if the 'add to cart' option shows up.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo 

Aha! Thank you for that tip, if it ever happens again I'll know what it really means thanks to you, CS sure didn't know!

Gee, it should just give you a 'Sold Out' message instead of totally confusing your customers and your own CS!

Thanks again!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Linmo 

Aha! Thank you for that tip, if it ever happens again I'll know what it really means thanks to you, CS sure didn't know!

Gee, it should just give you a 'Sold Out' message instead of totally confusing your customers and your own CS!

Thanks again!

@KingstonsMom 

You'd think so, huh?😡

I've had all sorts of weird messages pop up when I've tried to order something that sells out before I can finish the ordering process.  I'll retry once, and if it doesn't go through the second time, I quit.  It's not until later that their computer system catches up and it shows as sold out.

Aggravating.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

VERY aggravating, which could easily be eliminated just by giving the correct message!

Respected Contributor

@millieshops , yeah i think i'm seeing the light.  Back in the day, when i was ordering lots, i mainly had the card for convenience, but now, as my ordering history showed, i hadn't placed a order in 14 months.  I think that says it all.  

Don't really need it.  buh-bye Q card.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo 

Not only that, but the Q card is serviced by Synchrony Bank, look up reviews on this bank, you'll be glad you cancelled it.

Frequent Contributor

I really don't understand the "store cards" that demand you use it or lose it, especially during the past 2 years!  I had a Kohls card for probably 10 years.  I got a letter advising I had to use the card within the next 14 days or it would be cancelled.  I went to their .com and browsed and saw absolutely nothing I needed or wanted.  Called CS, told them about the issue and was told to just buy anything to keep it active!  No, that's just not logical to me to waste money on something just to keep a card.  It didn't really make a dent in my credit rating to lose the card and honestly, if it did, oh well, at this stage of my life, I'm not looking to make a major purchase anyway.