Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

My local stores are fully stocked with tp & several brands are on sale... plenty of wipes, bleach, hand sanitizer, etc. too.

have no changes to my life
@kitcat51 - be aware that when the shortage hits, it hits very fast.  

I'm not worried about it...I'm blessed to live in an area with leveled headed people who are always prepared for power outages, tornadoes & whatever may come our way. I volunteer at several hospitals & Drs. are more concerned about the flu....thousands died last year, thousands will die in 2020 & we carry on. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Guess there should be no problem getting tp. Found this info on Snopes.

100 rolls a year

The average person in the U.S. uses about 100 rolls of toilet paper each year. If most of it came from China, this could be a huge problem because supply chains from that country have been severely disrupted as a result of COVID-19.

The U.S., however, imports very little toilet papeGr – less than 10% in 2017. And most of that comes from Canada and Mexico.

The U.S. has been mass producing toilet paper since the late 1800s. And while other industries like shoe manufacturing have fled the country, toilet paper manufacturing has not. Today there are almost 150 U.S. companies making this product.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Well....Costco cancelled my TP order....they were out And could not fulfill it🙁.

Hopefully all the people buying the stores out will STOP hoarding ....and let someone else have some....?

Esteemed Contributor

DD went to Wegmans at lunch, no toilet paper ot tissues.  We just needed both not because we have the Defcon 2 mentality.

There are 7.7 billion people on this rock and less than 200,000 have gotten the virus.  Yes, it's concerning and people should follow basic hygiene rules, but geez.

Truth be told, the brain trusts in charge of decisions worry me more than any virus.

Honored Contributor

As I hear and read about this TP shortage reminds me when we were kids growing up in the country.  Our house had septic system.

My mother neatly "folded" the tp for us.  Here was the allowance:

#1-1.5 sheets

#2 - 2 sheets 

Needs more wiping good ole washcloth & soap🙈

And believe my brother & I never questioned it! In fact, it was Scott 1 ply "newspaper rough" paper ...no cushy stuff for us.

God forbid my dad had to pay for septic clean out because we used more than the allowable amount...and if ran out there was always the newspaper!

I'm laughing but all true!

Today went to big WM ...this is the water, tp, paper towel aisle🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

E8826376-642D-4FE9-A7FD-BF80284E7A4C.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

As I hear and read about this TP shortage reminds me when we were kids growing up in the country.  Our house had septic system.

My mother neatly "folded" the tp for us.  Here was the allowance:

#1-1.5 sheets

#2 - 2 sheets 

Needs more wiping good ole washcloth & soap🙈

And believe my brother & I never questioned it! In fact, it was Scott 1 ply "newspaper rough" paper ...no cushy stuff for us.

God forbid my dad had to pay for septic clean out because we used more than the allowable amount...and if ran out there was always the newspaper!

I'm laughing but all true!

Today went to big WM ...this is the water, tp, paper towel aisle🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

E8826376-642D-4FE9-A7FD-BF80284E7A4C.jpeg

I live where we do not get a lot of snow or ice, and when it is forecasted, people go ballistic. Its nothing like what folks are doing now though.

One good thing, my dd's bosses told them today, they can start working from home. Thank God for that. She has been seeing folks who are sick. She's a counselor. They have told her they cannot afford to stay home if they are sick, they have to work. Missing a paycheck isn't an option. Even if they get this virus, she has been told they will go to work.

Respected Contributor

Went to a Super WalMart today, nary a roll of toilet paper in sight.  Nor were there Kleenex, paper towels or napkins.   Went to Aldis  right behind the Wal Mart next ( as I do each week) and they had plenty of everything, no limit no drama.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

My wedding dress cost $17.00 and veil was $10.  In 1966. Got it at JC Penny's. 

Super Contributor

Went to target and Costco. Same thing.  It's crazy out there.  Long lines too.  No ground beef either at both places. 

Honored Contributor

Let's pray for the cows LOL