Honored Contributor

Shopping channel, ShopLC, is selling TP. That and hand sanitizers, too.

Respected Contributor

Is that a reputable site?

Honored Contributor

Hello eveybody, I am not complaining but good grief this is not a third world country so why is it that you still cannot go into a store and find toilet paper.  I am in Reno.  I know a few weeks ago costco had some and friends told me they were limiting 1 pkg per customer.  Why is it that stores are still not stocked?  I had to get a few things yesterday and no toilet paper. When my friends have to shop they tell me the same thing so it is various stores.  fortunately I still have some.  I only buy what I need and I am still good.  But good grief should we not have it by now?  Just curious.  We can't blame hoarding because stores have stopped that

Frequent Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Hello eveybody, I am not complaining but good grief this is not a third world country so why is it that you still cannot go into a store and find toilet paper.  I am in Reno.  I know a few weeks ago costco had some and friends told me they were limiting 1 pkg per customer.  Why is it that stores are still not stocked?  I had to get a few things yesterday and no toilet paper. When my friends have to shop they tell me the same thing so it is various stores.  fortunately I still have some.  I only buy what I need and I am still good.  But good grief should we not have it by now?  Just curious.  We can't blame hoarding because stores have stopped that

Here's an article that helps explain why:

https://money.howstuffworks.com/toilet-paper-supply-tight.htm?utm_source=HowStuffWorks+Newsletter&ut...)

Valued Contributor

The only way to stop the sick idiotic hoarders is to  keep a list and check ID's which is of course impossible. You can walk out out of the store with your limit, then go to another store, or even go right back in to the same store and differenct cashier, or send  different family members in.  A lot of people in this country have low IQ's and so STILL don'g get that a) the stores are not going to close, and b) you can only use so much TP at a time. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: toilet paper

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine called me after she tried to get a supply of TP and the stores had none.  She said she is going to cut up some old T-shirts of her husband's into small squares and use  as wipes for when she goes No. 1, and will put them in a lidded bucket and then wash a load of these used rags in her washing machine for reuse.  She will use what TP she has for No. 2.

This really wouldn't be any different than washing cloth diapers.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...