Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD went to Wegmans at lunch, no toilet paper ot tissues.  We just needed both not because we have the Defcon 2 mentality.

There are 7.7 billion people on this rock and less than 200,000 have gotten the virus.  Yes, it's concerning and people should follow basic hygiene rules, but geez.

Truth be told, the brain trusts in charge of decisions worry me more than any virus.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 IF one believes the numbers from China and Iran, etc. etc.

Esteemed Contributor

As of Tuesday our stores had toilet paper although limited. What our stores are out of is, hand sanitizer and wipes and some cleaning products. But I use old fashioned cleaning products so I'm set. And. I had some hand sanitizer on hand always because that's how I am (prepared)  I go to Drs all the time and use sanitizer if no soap and water. Anyway today my daughter told me at her store people are now raiding pasta and of all things cake mixes. She couldn't believe it.

PS a relative of mine has one of those toilets that rinses you, so they don't need toilet paper. They got it after surgery awhile back and people laughed, well now they are glad they have that toilet!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

I knew the hand sanitizer would be hard to find but never thought the toilet paper would be, too.  The last time I went to my grocery store I got the last toilet paper they had on the shelves.  Wow!  I go grocery shopping once a week.  I think if I ran out of toilet paper I'd have a hissy fit.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner  Yes, if one believes the numbers China gave.  However, even if they lied and heaven forbid, one million people were actually infected, they have 1.4 billion people.  Terrible, of course, but it's still a small percentage.

Frequent Contributor

Shorty2, I think the way things are going right now it's a great idea to have a bidet. My, son installed one in our bath a few years ago, and we still use some tp, but not much. Saves alot of money and space.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1  I use Scott's one ply as easier on the septic system. I live alone and do not want a problem due to TP. Don't flush feminine hygiene  items either, worse. I know a lot of people do also as most live in a rural area.  Walgreens has it on sale several times a year. I use more TP as home retired than before when working. People  though, are hoarding.

Honored Contributor

My DH just came back from Wegmans, said entire store is packed with customers, but there is vitrually nothing left there to sell, said ilooks like a store that is getting ready to close up. 

Super Contributor

If this virus, at its worst, impacts the respiratory system, why are so many hoarding toilet paper?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shiloh09 wrote:

If this virus, at its worst, impacts the respiratory system, why are so many hoarding toilet paper?

I don't know what is going on. Maybe folks are thinking they may be quarantined and want to be prepared.

But it is ridiculous. I can see people hoarding it now, if they can even find it because all the shelves I see keep on being empty where it is suppose to be.

I thought it would just be for a day or two, then people would get a grip.

There were more empty sheves today than there were last time I went to town.

I have never seen anything like this and if things do not calm down, I admit I am going to have to start taking an anti anxiety drug on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

WV schools are now closed for the next month, per order of our Governor.   This action will put more families under pressure for childcare, as well as food and paper supplies.