Esteemed Contributor

That was the choice a character in a book I'm currently reading needed to make.

To choose a man she loved more than anyone she'd ever loved and who she felt didn't love her as much as she loved him, or to choose the man who loved her more than anyone else ever had, even though she loved him less.

How would you choose?

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

I believe I would choose the man that loved me more.  It would be so nice to be cared for completely and that in time my love would grow to match his.

Esteemed Contributor

After everything shakes out, the lasting relationships are based on friendship. That's been my observation. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

Re: to love OR to be loved?

[ Edited ]

I couldn't love someone that didn't love me but I could learn to love them back especially because he'd be kind and remember birthdays and anniversarys.  How could you not love someone like that? Ad added plus if he is on the same page politically. 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

To choose a man she loved more than anyone she'd ever loved and who she felt didn't love her as much as she loved him, or to choose the man who loved her more than anyone else ever had, even though she loved him less.

How would you choose?

I would choose the man who loved me more than anyone else ever had.

If I chose the other man, even though I loved him more, I would never be happy because he doesn't feel the same way and so I would always feel cheated.

Esteemed Contributor

I would choose the man who loved me more...having been in a relationship where i loved him more ...he walked away...and that pain was devastating i still have not gotten over...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: to love OR to be loved?

[ Edited ]

I'd choose to wait until I found someone that loved me as much as I loved him.

In either scenario presented in the OP I see too much lacking for either party to be truly happy over time.

I will "settle" on a lot of things but not love.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I would choose a cat

Super Contributor
I'd choose the man who loved me more than any other man had.

This reminds me of the Glenn Frey song.

"Are you gonna stay with the one who loves you, or are you going back to the one you love? Someone's gonna cry when they know they've lost you. Someone's gonna thank the stars above. Your heart keeps saying it's just not fair, but still you gotta make up your mind."
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

How would you choose?

If his love was that of "agape" and I felt it to be true, "philia" that I would feel (hopefully) would do just fine together.  I certainly would not accept giving up either agape, or philia as love to be miserable the whole time.

*Call Tyrone*