Honored Contributor

'tis the season for catalogs in the mail

right around thanksgiving the number of catalogs tends to increase. i probably do most of my shopping from catalogs and from online sites.

yesterday i think i had a record......51 catalogs jammed into our mailbox! anyone else having a high count? i think our mailman must hate us.....LOL.....especially when he has to walk up to the house from his truck and put all of the boxes and bags into our garage or at our front door!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Re: 'tis the season for catalogs in the mail

51 catalogs? Oh my, I think you win! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I thought I had it bad when I receive 5 or 6 in the days mail. I don't mind when it's catalogs from places I like to shop or get ideas from, but the truly junk catalogs that get your name on their mailing list really annoy me. I recycle everything, so it's just more stuff to cart off to the recycling place.

Honored Contributor

I have heard, that sometimes post offices hold these catalogs, then deliver them all at once. It doesn't seem that's been happening to me. I get about five or six each day. At least half of them are from companies I've never heard of.
Honored Contributor

i pretty much get 5-6 a day year round,but i think my previous total high was something like 32. they were all stuffed in there yesterday so i thought i should count just how many i received. maybe they DID hold them for a while? it seems just a bit late to be getting some of these now. i do enjoy looking through many of them though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Last year we got what seemed like a record amount of catalogs, but I don't think I ordered anything from any of them. Haven't received too many this year, thankfully.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Wow that is a lot Sunshine.

I've been getting a lot I've never heard of. I do shop online a lot but can't say I look through these catalogs much. I never even asked for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I do all my shopping online...the three shopping stations...mostly the Q....however I do get many many catalogs...but never as many as some of you...I rarely even look at them...they go right into my recycle....

Honored Contributor

I only get a few catalogs. A couple of years ago, I took the time to contact several and asked to be removed from their mailing lists. Seems to have worked! I'm glad, since catalogs immediately go into my recycle bin!

Honored Contributor

51. Wow.

I get a lot of catalogs. I love looking through them. I get a few every day, maybe 5 or 6.

Honored Contributor

Zero catalogs & I purchase online. I don't get any junk mail, as well. Seems an extreme waste, even if recycled (remember, the $$$ of those pretty, slick catalogs have to come somewhere)....but they are fun to look at.