Super Contributor

time to re-think stretchy fabrics for clothing

I'm finding the gyrations I go through when trying to remove  stretch garments is like wrestling with a bear.  I'm exhausted, especially trying to remove leggings and layered tops.  Maybe there is a trick to this I don't know about.

Respected Contributor

Re: time to re-think stretchy fabrics for clothing

I have the biggest problem with leggings and jeggings.  Just try getting a size 9 foot through the ankle hole of a size XS!

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

@2blonde Exactly. Nearly have to dislocate the ankle to do it!

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

Might just need to rethink your clothes size...Woman Happy I have always worn some form of stretch fabric and don't have an issue. Including leggings and long sleeve tops  made by Under Armour etc.

Respected Contributor

Many times I've been in a fitting room trying on skinny jeans, and they come right off before I get to my knees if I feel like I'm putting on a pair of pantyhose!

Honored Contributor

Either rethink the clothing size or don't buy the item.   Plenty of non-stretchy clothes out there.

Regular Contributor

I don't even understand that.  Perhaps you are squeezing yourself into clothes that don't fit.  That's the problem with stretch fabrics, we can squeeze ourselves into clothes.  Stretch fabrics and knits aren't going anywhere and I am thankful for that.  I like the fit, the ease, the casualness and the easy care.  

Respected Contributor

I have visions of needing a pair of scissors to cut my leggings off of my body. Must buy an extra pair of scissors and keep them in the bedroom. Seriously, if I am wearing them and have a broken bone from a fall, I'd be in a pickle.  Paramedics certainly will cut them off of me. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't wear leggings but I look at the size chart on QVC then the click here measurements - frequently the actual garment is 3 or 4 " smaller than the body measurement. No wonder you can't get them on!

Respected Contributor

Often it is the opening of the pant leg that is the issue while the rest of the pant fits perfectly.