Respected Contributor

Re: those online quizzes......

@tansy wrote:

I'm guessing, Smaug, but i think the IP address pinpoints your city and maybe the zipcode, which is demographics info that could be sold to advertisers.  There's a website that will show you the info connected with your IP.

@Smaug wrote:

And what exactly can one find out about you with your IP addy? 

Thanks tansy. If that's the extent of it quiz takers shouldn't be too concerned if their IP addies (most are revolving anyway) are revealed. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

That may be your cutest bunny yet, smaug.  The nose picker was funny.  After someone commented on it, that's all I could seeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

visitor tag.pngbasically your IP gives the OS you are using, what Network agent you're using........if you are using a poxy server.........what version of Windows you are using, if you are using Windows and an aprox. location of the computer you are on.......as well as a few other things

@Smaug wrote:

And what exactly can one find out about you with your IP addy? 

..................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

OP--For goodness sake, emma, don't be just a "Visitor."  Whoever heard of such a thing?

Consider yourself at home, consider yourself part of the big and loving Q Family.  Tra---la. 

Honored Contributor

When I checked mine on a website for that purpose, it listed my city and the latitude/longitude.  Granted I don't know if the lat/long info pinpointed my house or the town itself.  

Trusted Contributor

Yea, I tend to void them. Afraid they are looking for something else than what they are asking.😁
Respected Contributor

visitor tag.pngtry going to whats my ip.........you'll get a map showing where you live.......as well as the other stuff I mentioned...................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

raven--Yup, I saw that used on Married at First Sight.

BTW, you look ravishing tonight.

Respected Contributor

I just checked mine and the location is way off.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

That may be your cutest bunny yet, smaug.  The nose picker was funny.  After someone commented on it, that's all I could seeSmiley Happy

Heehee. Tansy, I knew bunny was eating something but I didn't know it was that lol

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____