Respected Contributor

Re: those online quizzes......

@KarenQVC wrote:

raven--Yup, I saw that used on Married at First Sight.

BTW, you look ravishing tonight.

visitor tag.pngit's smookie what you can find on the net huh

and thank you so very much........might I add that your are the perfection of grace and beauty yourself.............lol...........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

if you guys are that paranoid you all need to be using a proxy server

Super Contributor

I'm not paranoid that they will track me down at home jacktjebear......I just don't like being duped into participating in their market research under the guise of a fun little quiz.
Honored Contributor

Some are really fun.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Whatever underlying motive there are to the quizzes, they are basically harmless.  Some of them are pretty cute and I don't mind admitting that I've taken several of them over the years.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I think that SOME of them are absolutely gathering information.  You'd probably be surprised at how much info can be garnered just from getting your IP, but if they end up with an avenue into your computer, then they have you by the you-know-whats.

I might also add that I've noticed a bit of a thread-bombing on this forum that is also asking for personal information, each thread asking for one thing it looks like, and put together that can create a scenario of identity theft.  More than one of the questions I've seen is one that is routinely asked as a 'security question' for websites, credit card accounts, and retailers.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think that SOME of them are absolutely gathering information.  You'd probably be surprised at how much info can be garnered just from getting your IP, but if they end up with an avenue into your computer, then they have you by the you-know-whats.

I might also add that I've noticed a bit of a thread-bombing on this forum that is also asking for personal information, each thread asking for one thing it looks like, and put together that can create a scenario of identity theft.  More than one of the questions I've seen is one that is routinely asked as a 'security question' for websites, credit card accounts, and retailers.

Chicken if you happen to see this I would love to know what those questions are...doesn't hurt to learn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I've taken some of those little quizes. I don't give a flying fig about who knows what about me, from taking a quiz titled ""What Flower Are You?".

Valued Contributor

I play some of them although I know they're ridiculous. I found out that I'm a genius whose past life was in ancient Egypt, and my aura is pink. All important info, I'm sure.