Respected Contributor

Re: this year's Rose Parade Grand Marshal will be

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I think he is spokesperson for Wounded Warriors. But WW was recently sited for poor donation to the charity and large scalaries and expenses. 

he is connected to many veterans' groups and has his own foundation for wounded warriors.  glad you realized your confusion.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

I think he is spokesperson for Wounded Warriors. But WW was recently sited for poor donation to the charity and large scalaries and expenses. 

@granddi  Gary Sinese is the founder of the Gary Sinese Foundation, not Wounded Warriors.

@Cakers3 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

@granddi  Gary Sinese is the founder of the Gary Sinese Foundation, not Wounded Warriors.

@granddi:  You are correct.  He works very hard for this and has raised a  lot of money for veterans.   Good choice for Grand Marshal.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

You are right. I own it. I was wrong.

@granddi  It's ok.  I just noticed I incorrectly spelled his name.  D'oh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I was just going to post about his foundation

At the Gary Sinise Foundation, we serve our nation by
honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders,
their families, and those in need.

We do this by creating and supporting unique
programs designed to entertain, educate,
inspire, strengthen, and build communities.

@Cakers3 wrote:

@granddi wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

He was also in CSI NY when it was on tv, great show

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Good Choice!  Gary Sinese....great guy.....very happy to hear of this honor for him. He has been a great supporter of our military!!

Love the Rose Parade and will be happy to see him as Grand Marshall this year!

Super Contributor

Gary Sinise and Joe Mantagna host the Washinton DC Memorial Day Concert each year.  We never miss it, on our PBS channel. A tribute to our military, past and present.  It is emotional and fitting for the holiday.  Very patriotic.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional,   Excellent choice!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Wonderful! He and Joe Mantegna have done a lot for veterans over the years. Gary’s a genuine person.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I ADORE that man! He does so much good. Quietly, without fanfare. He's one heck of a man. Couldn't have picked a better guy!!