Honored Contributor

Re: this may not be legally possible

I think it would be less than advisable in this case unless he were to be convicted by a court of law.

I was thinking it's probably not possible to take it away, for the same reason.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

This is from the White House website. It shows the count of the votes needed as well as the votes procured

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/revoke-presidential-medal-freedom-bill-cosby

Trusted Contributor

That man had everyone to cover up for him. His lies caught up with him. There is a certain morning talk show host still defends him. Hmmmm! I wonder why? He looked to the public like he was such a wonderful clean living man. Devil in disguise and for many years got he got away with it.
Honored Contributor

That man had everyone to cover up for him. His lies caught up with him. There is a certain morning talk show host still defends him. Hmmmm! I wonder why? He looked to the public like he was such a wonderful clean living man. Devil in disguise and for many years got he got away with it.

I think the Why is because he helped her so much in the business.  She feels she owes him and, more than anything, she wants it not to be true.  She's into some heavy-duty denial.

Esteemed Contributor

The LAPD are opening a criminal investigation on Bill Cosby. One persons case has not passed the statute of limitations, her name is Chloe Goins and she will be giving her statement to the LAPD soon.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

I think the Why is because he helped her so much in the business.  She feels she owes him and, more than anything, she wants it not to be true.  She's into some heavy-duty denial.

I surely hope that's what the poster meant, but....

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

NPR report:

"LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has said his department would investigate any sexual assault accusations against Bill Cosby — even past the statute of limitations," Mandalit reports. "The department's public information officer, Det. Meghan Aguilar, told NPR that the police have at least one open criminal investigation that may have multiple accusations. The LAPD would not offer any more details because the case is ongoing."

Esteemed Contributor

I was also happy to see that Jill Scott who I am a huge fan of, withdraw her support for Bill Cosby. Whoopi Goldberg seems to still support him. I will say I do usually agree with her that people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but I think this case is very unusual in the sense that many of these cases are past the point of being taken to court and there are so many people accusing him. I mean, how many women are there now, 40? Then you have his past testimony where he admits to using quaaludes. I just don't know how she still supports him after all these women say virtually the same thing along with the new account of his past use of quaaludes which his lawyers fought to keep from being know because it could "greatly embarrass their client". Come on.

While I do think all of this is enough to ruin his name and career, I would still like to see him taken to criminal court and found guilty.

It really puzzles me how his wife who is a very intelligent woman still stands by him. I really have lost all respect for her.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if anyone has filed a civil suit against him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I wonder if anyone has filed a civil suit against him.

Yorkie, I am not sure. I do know that Janice Dickerson has filed a defamation suit against him.

JFK